Ebay survey to selling

I've been with ebay for years and suddenly I can't seem to list anything because of ebay's new "we're in charge" of payments policy. I had to fill out some kind of eBay survey in order to get approved to sell on eBay. How long before I hear back from them?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay survey to selling

I guess you mean Managed Payments which is a return to the status before eBay was forced to sell off Paypal which it bought in 2002.  Paypal was only a sub-contractor from 2015 to 2020, with a slow changeover.

You haven't been selling for over a year, which makes you a returning /occasional seller. I suspect one of the changes eBay is making is a demand for better verification of identity for sellers if only to hold off scammers and account hijacking.

You will need a Canadian chequing account.

• It can be in loonies or in US dollars.

You will need to verify your identity. Since I have been selling steadily I may have had a slightly easier time, but I still had to set up bank accounts.

• Some sellers opened new dedicated accounts for online selling, often online.

The micro deposits don't work very well in my experience.

I used passports to verify identity, but driving licenses are also accepted.

On one account I was asked for a bank statement on letterhead. Note that the Royal Bank don't do that anymore. (Grrrr.)

I think if this was in fact planned, that a lot of it is supposed to be difficult, just to discourage criminals. That it also discourages honest sellers is a bonus accident.

And all your documents must match. If your name is John Jacob Jingehiemer Smith and your bank account is as JJ J Smith and your eBay is John JJ Smith and your passport is John Jacob Jingehiemer Smith , you will have problems.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply