Ever happened to anyone sell an item receive emails from eBay and PayPal saying the buyer is trusfu?

I sold an item and shipped the item because eBay and PayPal said buyer is trustful and all they need to transfer money to my account is the tracking number that's what I did . Shipment cost me 183.81 cd ,after words 9 days later the package return to me . I call eBay reported and was advice to talk to PayPal ,I call PayPal after 23 minutes I hang up no one available .send a bunch of emails to both PayPal and eBay guess what I have no reply yet and on top of that eBay invoice me 60.00cd . So they make me spend 183 + 60 =243.00 with out any sell . This is ridiculous and they not secure at all . I'm closing accounts and I hope help someone with is comment
Please think twice before you shipped something even if emails from eBay and PayPal saying buyer and our money is secure
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ever happened to anyone sell an item receive emails from eBay and PayPal saying the buyer is trusfu?

OK - you sold a used iphone for $600.00 last month to a new eBay buyer with zero feedback.

Did you receive payment from the buyer in your PayPal account?

If so, is the money still there?

Your listing showed: "Ships to: Local pick-up only"

Why did you ship?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I sold an item and shipped the item because eBay and PayPal said buyer is trustful and all they need to transfer money to my account is the tracking number that's what I did .

Ebay and paypal don't send out letters saying that a buyer is trustworthy and they never tell you to ship unless the money is showing in your paypal account so I suspect that this was a scam and the buyer sent you a fake email. Was the address in Nigeria?

Actually..you're lucky that you got the item back. Why was it sent back...was there a problem with the address?

You should be able to get your fees back from ebay since you weren't paid for the sale. This should help you....   http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 3 of 3
latest reply