Getting real tired with lack of communication amongst buyer and seller.

xmajestik
Community Member

I'm new to eBay first of all and so far I've made two transactions. One went really well and I was very pleased the other... Not so much (keep in mind I know there are always these kind of situations, that's why I'm asking for advice).

Here's the scenario, I purchased an item paid in full right away with PayPal. The seller doesn't even claim the payment, marks the item as shipped, and does not respond to any inquiries regarding the item. Not even a tracking number is provided though I am in understanding that the seller does not have to provide one.

Now it's the week of delivery date, I have no idea if the package even left it's origin because lack of tracking number, no communication whatsoever, and PAYMENT NOT EVEN CLAIMED. Like what? You're going to ship the item and not claim the money? DID you ship the item? Questions that will never be answered because the seller can't be bothered to respond. I'm not even paranoid about not getting my item, as long as I actually receive it in the end I don't care. The item is meant to be a gift for someone.

I'm tired of this and want to cancel the transaction if not received within the estimated delivery date (along with give or take a week because I am in understand that things happen to prevent delivery). What is eBay's policy on this? I am in understanding that I can't cancel the transaction if the seller doesn't agree with me but... no... communication... whatsoever. I really want to cancel and purchase a similar item and KNOW for a fact that I'm going to actually get the item instead of not receiving it. Like I said it's supposed to be a gift for someone so if it doesn't arrive at all I'm going to be upset with wasting my time.

My question is, should I cancel the transaction after a week or so after the stated delivery date? or should I just wait it out? If my expectations are far too high just let me know, like I said I'm new to eBay. I'm calm and totally understand that a large variety of scenarios can occur to prevent a successful transaction. My only gripe is the lack of communication and whether or not I'm actually going to receive my item.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

"should I cancel the transaction"

A buyer cannot cancel a transaction once paid.  All you can do - and should do in the circumstances - is file a claim with the Resolution Centre for goods not received:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/resolving-problems.html

Do not delay: file today.

As far as your seller not claiming the PayPal payment, it suggests the email address where the payment was sent has not yet been verified by the seller or is an old email address and the seller forgot to update the listing to a new address.  In any case, not your problem.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for the response! So I checked and it turns out that that the PayPal address I sent the payment to isn't registered and it says that I can cancel the payment but since I'm bounded by that contract I agreed, what should I do to resolve this issue? Same thing with the resolution centre?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply