How can I contanct an actual customer service person? Returns & refunds sends me in a loop.

Seller closed return after issuing a refund and avoiding reimbursing return shipping cost (eBay said they were responsible for return shipping).

The "Contact Us" page allows me to select the order and then it says you have a refund (not including the return shipping cost) and then dead-ends me there. I tried to send an email from Home>Customer Service>email us but after typing out the lengthy email it errors out with "We are not able to process your message now. Please contact eBay Customer Service." I tried twice before giving up and ended up here. 

How do I get to a person, either by chat, phone or whatever I only have a day or two left according to the email message says the end date is Aug 14? Even though the issue is closed now?

Please tell me how to get to someone!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How can I contanct an actual customer service person? Returns & refunds sends me in a loop.

It sounds as if you paid to return the item yourself, rather than waiting for a Return Shipping Label or a payment to cover return shipping.

EBay seems to regard this as your choice and won't do anything.

But if you want to "talk" to someone use the Chat feature rather than the undertrained, under paid phone clerks who have no authority.

You could also try one of these:

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I use the chat feature all the time throug eBay's website. It's quick and the agents are always very helpful. 

eBay - Contact Us > then select a category and select "Chat With Us" in the upper left side of the screen.

On a side note - my chat doesn't usually work with Chrome so I need to use Microsoft Edge. Could just be a me-issue but something to keep in mind. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Bonus with Chat- you get a transcript.

Sometimes what you think you were told is wishful thinking. The transcript keeps you focussed.

And sometimes the clerk gives poor advice and you can use that later.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Bonus with Chat- you get a transcript.

Sometimes what you think you were told is wishful thinking. The transcript keeps you focussed.

And sometimes the clerk gives poor advice and you can use that later.

Personally I am trying to confirm if it's wishful thinking or hallucinating. It's not the alcohol. I can't afford to drink!!

-Lotz

Message 5 of 5
latest reply