How do I complain about ebay customer service?

evman0
Community Member

After complaining about the new outragrous selling fees that ebay was charging, where they promised the fees were going down but went up by 3-8% (which is a LOT), I asked for a partial refund of $3.68 on fees I thought were unjustified. I was told by the online chat rep Chabelita that she COULD refund me, but wouldn't. The conversation did not end well.
For 2 months I have had a global seller rating as ABOVE STANDARD. Then today, my account was blocked from selling completely, and chat rep Denmark has just informed me that I am not allowed to sell "indefinately" and that the decision was final.  How can they do this? Who can I complain to at ebay, do any of them have any compassion or humanity left at all?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

they promised the fees were going down but went up by 3-8%

Just curious how you're calculating 3-8% higher fees? There have been countless threads about this topic and the general consensus is that fees work out to be about the same, with maybe a 1-2% +/- variance. The biggest difference now is they eBay takes your fees all at once, up-front at the time of sale instead of invoicing you at the end of each month. The old system where PayPal fees and eBay fees were separated made it feel like they were less, however for anyone tracking sales/expenses themselves, fees were pretty much the same. Also I don't ever recall eBay saying fees were going down, only that sellers shouldn't notice a difference moving to managed payments and may (key word) possibly see reductions. 

The conversation did not end well.

When you say the conversation didn't end well, do you actually mean to say that you lashed out at the rep? If so, eBay has a zero tolerance policy against abusive behaviour to both its members and employees, regardless of who is right or wrong. Any signs of aggression can very easily get you banned or restricted. 

I asked for a partial refund of $3.68 on fees I thought were unjustified

Were these fees actually not within eBay's fee policy and charged in error, or were they simply for something that you felt you shouldn't have been charged for? There's a big difference, especially if the fees you are trying to have refunded are within their standard fee structure. If they are, then eBay has no obligation to refund you, regardless of how much you disagree with the fees. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I remember the change in fees being described as "simpler" not lower.

There are a few reductions- the main one being very unusual since it is on non-refundable fees after a Dispute- but with Paypal having announced they will be raising fees in September, the question becomes moot.

But yes.

I suspect that bad mouthing a minimum wage customer rep somewhere in darkest Utah is the basic reason for the closed account.

Too high maintenance.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So you got abusive and got banned? And now you want to blame them?
Message 4 of 4
latest reply