How do you provide a return shipping label?

I sold an older electronic item As Is & not working & for repair.  No returns. Was honest in all the details. The item was in near mint condition. It was bought by a person in Canada.  Should have listened to my radar as he was being unreasonable before he bought.  Wanted it for half price & complained about the shipping cost.  Then when he paid right away wanted it shipped even faster.  My husband said this guy will find something wrong when he gets it & will probably return it.  Sure enough, today I get a return request.  He complained about everything.  Just to keep the peace I will allow a return.  I have already added him to my blocked list.  I have never had to do a return before. How do you provide a return shipping label? Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To do a rtn label in Canada you just create one in PayPal like usual (you already have yours & his info) and send it to the buyer's email address (which you already have) as an attachment.  I would be more worried that what I what I got back was not as "complete" as what I sent if it were me.  Once they they seem to think they should be getting it for half and don't want to pay the cost of mailing, it almost always means a refund.   

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the info. Hope I can figure it out. I am very afraid that this person will be vindictive so was pressured into accepting a return. Afraid that it will come back all scratched up & missing parts inside. I reported the buyer but wonder if I should phone customer service for help?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You can call CS if you want to put the time into it.  Its a free call.  I don't think they can do anything more to help you.  On a SNAD case the seller has to pay rtn shipping.  If you have already agreed to the return you may as well do it.  A buyer has a right to file a case. You can call CS afterward and report the buyer for abusing the MBG by removing parts.  You will have to wait until you get it back to see if the item weighs less than when it was sent. lol!  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

So I phoned Customer Service. Got someone from the Philipines again.  She didn't know that the buyer & me the seller are in the same country.  Tried to talk me through cross border return shipping. Didn't know anything about making a return shipping label through PayPal but told me to go to a Post Office to do that. I am so confused & stressed out.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yeah, the ones in Utah are even worse. With the Philippinas the job is coveted and they get intelligent workers, although language is a problem. With Utah, they get the marginally employable. And the accents can be weird.

Best of luck with your Bad Buyer. You know how to add someone to a Blocked Bidder List, don't you?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Yeah, the ones in Utah are even worse. With the Philippinas the job is coveted and they get intelligent workers, although language is a problem. With Utah, they get the marginally employable. And the accents can be weird.

Best of luck with your Bad Buyer. You know how to add someone to a Blocked Bidder List, don't you?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

I will disagree. eBay Utah USA CSR's are a million times better than any Philippines CSR. Whenever I got an eBay CSR in the USA, I was able to explain my issues easily and am understood and the CSR asked pertinent questions in detail and resolved the issues in minutes. No putting on hold every minute for the Philippines CSR to do whatever they do, no repeating of the same thing I already explained many times, no dead air, no repeated stating of the same thing, no being told it is a system glitch just to get me off the phone, no spending 1/2 to 1 hour getting nowhere.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I just phoned PayPal as I can find no way to send a return shipping label. I talked to someone in Arizona & she said it can't be done through Chrome browser. So I used Firefox instead.  I then had to go into Shipping Preferences & click on Update & Click yes to Display Return Shipping Label Link For Buyer. Then the buyer has to go into PayPal & print up the label himself & then I have to refund him the money. This is turning into a nightmare.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply