I don't want to see Girl magnet ads that show almost naked women on eBay home page.

I don't want to see Girl magnet ads that show almost naked women on eBay home page.  These ads bother me, I don't want to see these nearly naked pictures of women on eBay's home page where I first sign in.  These ads say "From girl magnets"  When they come up I "X" them out but when I sign in the next time the ads are back.  How do we get rid of these offensive ads?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I don't want to see Girl magnet ads that show almost naked women on eBay home page.

You can't get rid of them ... There here to stay .... I am sure it is nothing more then underwear or bathing suit adds so although annoying there is nothing about it to say it is offensive I mean if women in general were offended these companies would not be in business and would not have those kind of ads.....

You can try changing Browsers it might help I know I stop getting the pops up but I am not sure if it was because I changed my browser

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Maybe if you contact ebay they will change it to

almost naked men for you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Now that's hilarious Toby!
"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

If these are pop up ads that you can close, they probably aren't being show by ebay. You should have a pop up blocker on your browser but if that doesn't help you may have malware on your computer. Try downloading and running a program like malwarebytes to see if it will get rid of the pop ups.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

i find it hllarious and cannot stop smiling. But my opinion is that you should try to search some items that you like and want to see those ads instead. Find such products on ebay and add them to your watchlist, and may be these items will replace those girl magnet ads. Try that. If it fails, try uninstalling your broweser complete, and install some other browser that was not on your computer before, it might help.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

eBay remembers what you viewed on eBay. Changing a browser will not help. To clean your existing browser of cookies cache and temp files is a good thing to do regularly but it has little if any impact on what eBay presents to you on the home page.

I occasionally view listings from posts from sellers in these forums and my eBay home page suggestions is such mix of various types of items because of this.

Ebay home page suggestions can be cleared on that page since eBay has a clear button near them.

As for the eBay home page ads that do not have a clear, you are stuck with whatever eBay provides.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

LOL - eBay sure remembers what you view and imo that's why they come up.  One time I was searching for some lingerie just mainly for something to do, like we all do some times.  Yikes, the stuff that came up, mostly from China to me was so funny..........and even informative for me (I'm pretty broad minded.)  Anyway, yes they did show up on my Home Page, but I got rid of it and I'm sorry OP I don't remember how......it was before all the changes to the site. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

This is what kind of stuff I see on my eBay homepage.

Do we need to see this **bleep** on a shopping site like eBay, really???

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I find it hilarious that they edit swear words in the forum when I have to look at images like you see at the link.  Bull **bleep**.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

This and even some that are a little more disturbing.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply