Is there a way to block people?

I'm not really sure which section to post this one so I went with this one. Is there a way to block people here? Not just in general on ebay but users on the boards here
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Block people doing what?

Block sending you private messages through the forums?  

You can click on the Ignore button (next to Friend). Never used it so I don't know how well that works.

Block their posts from being read by you?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Like block them so you can't see what they post & they can't see what you post.
Where is the ignore button found?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

No - Can't block people from seeing your posts.

Anyone with an Internet Connected device can see your posts.

They don't have to be logged in or even an eBay member. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If you want to be more anonymous, you can make a new "posting ID" , just as some members have a selling ID and a separate buying ID.

There was an Ignore button at one point, which I recall using for a few angry and obnoxious posters, but I don't know how to find it anymore.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Your public posts can be read by anyone.

The Ignore button shows in the private messages section when you read a message.

But it looks like you can only use Ignore after they have sent you a private message. No ignoring in advance.

Click the envelope next to your user-name on the main community page to see your private message section.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

-..-

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I'm thinking of a way to "ignore" posts from annoying posters. 

There really was a way some five years ago, that I used because I got tired of a combative and basically ignorant poster who could not take facts or proof as an answer.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I'm thinking of a way to "ignore" posts from annoying posters. 

There really was a way some five years ago, that I used because I got tired of a combative and basically ignorant poster who could not take facts or proof as an answer.

Sounds like back before the last major revamp (2014?) of the discussion board software/layout.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The ignore feature was used here for a yr or 2 before Lithium came aboard. Worked to an extent but one could always turn it back on read previous posts get heated and that's when the fun began again 

at times the Boards became a Free For All with some

Before Lithium there were no Moderators   except a few Ebay Staff members  that took it upon themselves to be here on their own time

The first 2 that did this were (Carly and Moira (Post Ids) ) when they left to take positions in the U.S.  a few others came aboard trying to maintain the boards 

Used to feel for them they needed to wear armor here at times.

Some came in to fight or argue  only,   wrecked it for the majority who wanted to meet others in this type of setting

weavers

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

namc4946
Community Member
me too
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

If you do not want people to read your posts, then do not post.

This is an (at times) very "Public" forum with some very loud "town criers" and lots of ranting and raving...

..when you put your foot in the pond, expect to get wet!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I never said I don't want people to read my posts. And it appears you would be the town cryer, freaking out because someone asked a question. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

"Is there a way to block people here? Not just in general on ebay but users on the boards here"

Evidently, you do not want to get advice from people on the boards, you want to know how to block "people here" not on eBay "but users on the boards here" you know maybe even one that gives you the answer you want...

"I never said I don't want people to read my posts."

YES, you did say that "Like block them so you can't see what they post & they can't see what you post.

Amazing how people cannot even keep track of what they write...

Message 13 of 13
latest reply