Item still in my cart despite having paid for it

Has anyone had this issue?

I won an auction today, and received an email invoice for payment.  I paid using that invoice.  The transaction goes through and it now shows up on my "Purchases" on "My Ebay" as being fully paid for.

HOWEVER, it is also still in my cart, and it WONT go away.  Since I am "commited to buy it" I CANNOT simply use the "Remove" option.  It is blacked out and says I cannot remove since I am commited to buy it.  BUT I DID PAY FOR IT.  clicking "Go to Checkout" takes me to the Payment history page where it shows the payment transaction and that it was, in fact, paid for.   I can even see the confirmation that I had paid for this item, yet on the same screen, my cart still shows I have 1 item (that EXACT item) still in there to be paid for despite me... once again HAVING PAID FOR IT.

I have also not gotten my confirmation email that I usually get after paying for things on ebay saying that my order was confirmed, despite it being on my list of sucessfully paid for items.

I contacted ebay twice.  Both times they said they have no idea why this is the case, and to wait it out.  It has been at least 5 Hours since this happened, maybe more, and STILL it lingers in my cart never to leave, with no way to remove it, yet it also shows in payments that it was paid for.

I emailed the seller themselves to see if they received my payment and if there was anything wrong on their end.  They say they did receive my money and are readying my item for shipment.

My payment method even emailed me saying I made a payment for this item, so I know it went through.  I even went so far as to check with them to make sure and it has.

Even going to the "Unpaid Items" tab in my account summery shows "no items found" so I have no idea why this thing is still in my cart after having, once again, already paid for it.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@ironangel84 wrote:

Has anyone had this issue?

I won an auction today, and received an email invoice for payment.  I paid using that invoice.  The transaction goes through and it now shows up on my "Purchases" on "My Ebay" as being fully paid for.

HOWEVER, it is also still in my cart, and it WONT go away.  Since I am "commited to buy it" I CANNOT simply use the "Remove" option.  It is blacked out and says I cannot remove since I am commited to buy it.  BUT I DID PAY FOR IT.  clicking "Go to Checkout" takes me to the Payment history page where it shows the payment transaction and that it was, in fact, paid for.   I can even see the confirmation that I had paid for this item, yet on the same screen, my cart still shows I have 1 item (that EXACT item) still in there to be paid for despite me... once again HAVING PAID FOR IT.

I have also not gotten my confirmation email that I usually get after paying for things on ebay saying that my order was confirmed, despite it being on my list of sucessfully paid for items.

I contacted ebay twice.  Both times they said they have no idea why this is the case, and to wait it out.  It has been at least 5 Hours since this happened, maybe more, and STILL it lingers in my cart never to leave, with no way to remove it, yet it also shows in payments that it was paid for.

I emailed the seller themselves to see if they received my payment and if there was anything wrong on their end.  They say they did receive my money and are readying my item for shipment.

My payment method even emailed me saying I made a payment for this item, so I know it went through.  I even went so far as to check with them to make sure and it has.

Even going to the "Unpaid Items" tab in my account summery shows "no items found" so I have no idea why this thing is still in my cart after having, once again, already paid for it.

@ironangel84 

Have you tried signing out of ebay. Clearing cookies and cache and then rebooting. At times it can take a few...sometimes even longer for assorted eBay functions to complete or purge. Worth a shot. Cache and cookies are usually the go to suggestion for most similar type issues.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've seen this happen a couple of times myself. Not sure why but it does eventually go away. I can't remember if it was on the desktop or the app version (but only one, if I checked the other it didn't show). So check both to see. Sometimes it's just a delay as lotz has said. Since it doesn't show up in your unpaid items and you got email from your payment provider your good. Just try to ignore that red mark there, it will go away.

There was something wonky happening recently with my purchase history (and others sine I saw a post) where  they were randomly showing my purchase from 2020, 2021 & 2022 (even though I always put them in "hidden" after I receive them). It was like that for about two weeks, a pain to see them there and not be able to move them but eventually it went back to normal.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I contacted ebay twice. Both times they said they have no idea why this is the case, and to wait it out.

On the phone?

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Has the seller sent a notice that the item has been shipped?
After only five hours I would doubt it.

That is more important than whether something hangs around on a list or not.

When the seller tells you they have shipped, eBay will give you a window for delivery. Mark the last estimated date on your calendar and chill.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply