Low frequencie feedbacks?

I'm just wondering, is it a normal thing having a low ratio feedback/transaction? Not sure if it's just me being unlucky or it's the tendancy, but i have between 10-15 transations so far on ebay and only 6 gave feedbacks. I even gently asked to a few to leave one cause it would be very helpful as a newer member, but getting ignored. Most would prefer not doing any business with low feedbacks profils, but most don't leaves feedbacks, seems paradoxidal

Maybe cause i ask people it could push them to actually not leaving one? Or maybe cause i bought items to sellers from the same category i'm selling items, people could not want to help to build a potential competitor?

Just wondering if it's a tendancy to receive only 50% and less feedbacks from transactions or it's just me. Cause i feel that with that frequencie it's gonna take years to have a minimal respectful number. I know no one is forced to leave one, but as a newer member, that's crucial for me so kinda annoying to not receive them

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Out of my last 150 orders, I've received feedback from 58 of them, so under 40%. 

I don't think it has anything to do with you being possible competition. And I certainly wouldn't be asking for feedback either as it may result in more damage than good. 

Just like anything in the consumer world, people are more likely to say something when they have a negative experience than when they have a positive one. So you can look at it this way: 

1. Out of your 15 transactions, you've had 0 negative feedback which means 100% of your customers had a positive enough experience to not complain. Awesome job!

2. Out of that 100%, almost 50% had had a good enough experience that they felt inclined to say something. Again, awesome job!

I wouldn't get too caught up on the amount of feedback you have. Most buyers look for negative feedback anyways. If I find a buyer with 1000+ feedback score and they have a bunch of legitimate negatives, the guy with 10 feedback and no negatives still looks pretty darn good in my books. 

And just from one Pokémon card seller to another, if you're struggling with sales right now YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Sales really drop off in the summer and it's been completely dead lately. 

Moral of the story: keep doing what you're doing, ask lots of questions, provide a great customer experience and sales and feedback will come in time.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I even gently asked to a few to leave one cause it would be very helpful as a newer member, but getting ignored.

Don't do that.

You may get feedback from a mildly dissatisfied customer. Poking bear.jpg

Feedback is voluntary. It's never averaged over 40% , and I think most of that is left by sellers.

Leave feedback on shipment. You can tuck a business card into each shipment that includes a request for feedback.

I think it would be more useful the have a public Transaction Record, that shows how many Buy or Sell transactions the member has been in, and also how many Disputes whether as a buyer or a seller. The idea being that a bad seller can handle a Dispute in a way that gets him off scot-free.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I'm not asking rudly for feedbacks i mean i just encourage it, exemple my last sale

Hi! Thank you for the purchase

Just to say that the cards are shipped. If there's any issue please contact me i'll try my best to solve it. When they'll be received, feel free to leave a feedback. They are highly appreciated and very helpful, especially as a newer seller

Have a good night

Something kinda annoying too is that if the buyers don't leave feedbacks, they do not confirm they received the item ( shipping with lettermail ) and they literally holds my funds for a crazy delay of one month. I hope it'll change with more sales?

As buyer i asked for feedback straight up, saying in a similar way that i'm new and it would help, it's just the reality and i'm being honest at the end. It's the ebay system...

Like i said, from what i read on the net a lot of people seems to not wanna deal with low feedback profils. I don't understand why people would not wanna contribute ''confirming'' a new profil. Personally if i have the same card in the same condition at the same price, i think 100% buyers will choose the seller with a high score over a low like me. I would do the same

I'm very surprised if the ratio is really 40% and less feedback/transaction, kinda sucks

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

they literally holds my funds for a crazy delay of one month. I hope it'll change with more sales?

Yes.

Phone Customer Service after 30 days and ask politely. They can lift restrictions.

Personally I believe if the customer is not complaining everything went well, but I do have the luxury of looong experience here.

My "newbie" account gets less than 30% FB although I leave my own on shipment.

Sending LetterMail without tracking, I use FB to record the date of shipping. I think it helps with consumer confidence.

If you are doing any buying on eBay, use your selling account. More sellers leave FB than buyers.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I got a return buyer with 3 sales over last 3 months and not a single feedback left to me. Since they returned to buy more I assume they were satisified lol. I also feel much more comfortable shipping higher value items untracked to a repeat buyer so no complaints there from me! 

Remember, No Feedback is better than a Negative Feedback!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

My rule of thumb is, the more expensive the item the less liable to receive feedback. People seem pleased with bargains and are ready to say thanks, but when they spend more they treat you like a business where thanks aren't expected.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

NEVER ask for feedback.   Gently or otherwise - NO.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Some of you guys acting like it's a huge mistake i don't know why, it does not makes much sense. I don't see any point to not doing it too, this is heavily debatable. Even big companies ask for feedbacks, doing surveys, doing pub, etc. It's legit when it's asked the right way. Even seen amazon sellers giving free stuff for 5 stars feedbacks, which is not legit to me but i seen it more than once

I bought items yersterday and i seen the seller did not leave anything, so i asked, he said he will and with pleasure. Most people are nice, and some just don't think about leaving anything when it's a positive transaction

It's easy too to not care about feedbacks when you are etablished... I would not care too if i had a 100+ or 1000+ score. But as a single digit profil, i just need them. That's obvious i missed multiple sales cause of my low feedback score and people running away seeing it, a lot hate dealing with low feedback profiles. I even did read more than once sellers asking how to block 5 or 10 and less score profiles...

It's frustrating cause i actually have between 20-30 positive transactions now and i'm still at the score of 9, that's a terrible system

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

How long does it take on average for items to reach your buyers?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I can't know, they don't leave feedbacks lol

It says 4-8 business day and i ship in 1 day though

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

The problem is not "most sellers" .

The problem is "that one guy" who cannot be satisfied with anything. Or who is in a bad mood that day.

The "gentlest" FB request is the enclosed card with a thank you and a request for FB.  It also is a good place to leave your email address and even a price list of stuff you don't have listed on eBay or sale items that might interest your customer.

But mostly this is a Dont Poke the Sleeping Bear situation.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I ask because I used to have the same problem .. not anymore. Why? I realized we live in the age of Amazon Prime where people are used to get their items next day or the day after. I know personally that if I don't get something I order online in a couple of days, I'm not as happy and excited about n my purchase anymore. So what I did is automaticaly and for free upgrade them, silently, to expedited so they can get their item in 2-3 days vs over a week. Also offer tracking so they know, and most importantly, YOU know where your sh*t is. And meanwhile they expect it to take a week or two so its an awesome surprise for them. And if something happens, and shipping is delayed, they are not dissapointed. As they say: under promise and over deliver.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Yeah i see. People receiving it and don't think about coming on ebay leaving one. But that's why i said ebay system is terrible, buyers should receive a message or email, a reminder to leave a feedback saying that its helpful for everyone, or whatever. Don't amazon does this? I remember some companies doing this

For tracking it's just impossible for me on most of my listings, tracking average 15$ i would not sell anything. I ship with lettermail this is why i can't know actually. I would know if buyers would leave feedbacks as confirmation when they receive items 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

eBay does send reminder emails to buyers and sellers after 30 days to leave feedback if it is not done. I have one as a seller on another eBay ID where buyer bought and paid for an Item and cancelled immediately. I refunded. This was over 30 days and I got an eBay message and email just recently. I am not leaving feedback because sale was cancelled.

As a buyer on this ID I forgot to leave feedback for a seller a couple of times and got reminder messages and emails after about 30 days. I left the feedback but other buyers may ignore them. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Even big companies ask for feedbacks, doing surveys, doing pub, etc. It's legit when it's asked the right way.

That's the thing, you're comparing apples with oranges... the surveys and such, the results and feedback are not always posted for the public. So someone could have written something really nasty and no one except the company will read about it. Let's say you actually got a buyer who was less than satisfied but decided to not leave a feedback and move on. Then you message them 3 weeks after the sale and asked them for a feedback. They decided to come and leave you a criticial feedback... that would have a much bigger impact on you as a small seller. 1 negative out of 10 total feddback would put you at 90% (considered a very low score with eBay standards) , whereas 1 negative for someone who has 99 positive would only put them at 99% (decent score). 

As a buyer, I have occasions where I'm not perfectly happy with my item but decided to leave it and move on too. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

I see the point but i still think it's debatable, it's not a no brainer ''never talk about it'' that's what i meant. Sounds like it's taboo for some lol. I don't think i would ask for it weeks after shipping tho, but insering a little word about it at the moment of the purchase seems legit to me. As buyer i personally find that sellers ghosting is a way worse service than sellers messaging and having a word about feedbacks in their messages. Anyway the way i'm doing it right now works for me so it's pointless to stop doing it. I'm offering a one to one human contact and i'm pretty confident that way. I'm just sharing with buyers that positive feedbacks are important for me and that i'm working to make the transactions positive, i don't see any problem there

Message 17 of 17
latest reply