Need a 4x6 Thermal Label Printer for E-Bay/Canada Post Shipping.

Can anyone suggest a Thermal Label Printer for my Mac.?

I have a Zebra 2844 that I have used for a while on my Windows Machine but it is becoming a pain having to keep a Windows machine, just for Label Printing from E-Bay via Canada Post.  I have tried the 'drivers' for this as a CUPS printer on my MAC's but as yet no success.

I have been looking at the Dymo 4XL, says it is MAC compatible, has anyone got any experience with this model?

Reason I am looking for a 4x6 Thermal Printer is the fact I have 2 large box's of these Labels....lol

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Does nobody use a Thermal Printer on a Mac?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Use PayPal shipping labels since it has discounted rates and prints to any regular printer. Why are you using Canada Post website?

Expedited Parcel discount is 18%, Tracked Packet is 14%. No discount for Small/Light Packet.

PS I have read here in these forums where someone is printing to 4x6 label printer in landscape mode using PayPal shipping.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I am using the PayPal shipping which then creates Canada Post Labels.

I cannot get the correct drivers for my MBP.

Going to buy some of the Half Label, half Receipt sheets I have found on E-Bay.  Not what I wanted but it will do for now.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Make sure the correct 4x6 thermal labels printer is selected, set Scale to Actual Size, click More settings, make sure the orientation is set to Portrait and set the Paper Size to 100x150mm or a 4x6" option. Click Print.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I really like the rollo printer works great for the 4 x 6 labels with Shippo. Not sure if Canada post allows to print thermal labels from their website at least I couldn’t get it to work.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@barnfindparts wrote:

I really like the rollo printer works great for the 4 x 6 labels with Shippo. Not sure if Canada post allows to print thermal labels from their website at least I couldn’t get it to work.

@barnfindparts 

This is a zombie thread from way back but as an FYI Canada Post does not support printing with thermal printers. See attached.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/sending/general-information/print-shipping-...

Print your paperwork and labels on regular 8½ x 11-inch paper. Please note that thermal printing is not supported. Fold your label in half, put it into a self-adhesive pouch and apply it. 

-Lotz

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

This is a zombie thread from way back but as an FYI Canada Post does not support printing with thermal printers.

I think they MIGHT for people with negotiated rates, but that's not most of us. It's frankly ridiculous that they don't support it.

What I do is I open the PDF in Photoshop Elements (any photo program that can open a PDF as an image should work), and I just use a fixed ratio rectangular selection to crop the label to the correct dimensions and send it to the label printer. It's an extra step, but it's pretty quick and easy.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply