PayPal Account Suspention Message Real Or Scam?

Hi, I received this e-mail the other day. Anyone know if this is legitamate or fake? I saw that this was addressed about a year ago on here but would appreciate any input.  Kind of nervous to use the Paypal Protection Claims now.

I did have 2 claims recently but they were because a seller had their account hacked & eBay removed the items & sent a warning about the sales. I phoned PayPal & they opened the 2 claims for me.

We’ve noticed that you’ve had a higher than average rate of issues with your PayPal transactions. Such problems may include claims you have initiated with PayPal or through your financial institution or bank.

We want you to be happy with your purchases, but we may find it necessary to suspend your PayPal account privileges if we continue to notice a high number of problems with your PayPal transactions. Pending further review, we may also suspend any outstanding and future buyer protection claims, and we reserve the right to deny these claims.

We simply wanted to give you a chance to reassess your account activity for the future. You don’t need to take any action, and we don’t require a response to this message.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center. After you log in to your PayPal account, click Tools, and then click Business Resource Center under "Grow your business."

Thanks,

PayPal

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Well whatever you do don't click on any of the links in that email if you aren't sure about it. If you want to you can log out and then log in to Paypal and go to it that way. You can also call PayPal yourself and ask about the email and why they think you have had too many claims. I'm not sure why you would file with PayPal for items not shipped, why not file an INR with eBay.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I am pretty sure it's a scam. Never click a button to get into PayPal, not even the ones on eBay - always type it into the URL address bar at the top of your computer and make sure that when you do it the password is not saved by any program. This is the only safe way to do it.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

it is not a scam in my opinion, they are not asking you to take any action, it is just a heads up. if they asked you to click on a link and sign in that would be different, but your message is not asking for anything..

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

And of course, if you ever suspect an email from PP or eBay to be a scam you can forward it to

spoof@paypal.com

or spoof@ ebay.com.

Both companies will also address you by your registered name (not usually your PP or eBay ID).

I did have 2 claims recently but they were because

So probably legit, and just a heads up.

Claims of any sort from either buyer or seller cost eBay and PP money, in labour if nothing else.

They get twitchy.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

How many items did you purchase in the last couple of months?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply