Possible eBay seller trickerys ??? Item not as descibed. Keyword spamming

I recently order some magnets. The ad title said 200 pce N52 12x2mm magnets.  In the quantity it said 1.  Today I received 50 magnets.  When I went back to check the ad now says 50 pieces in the description.  Luckily, I always take screen shots after I place an order.  My photo shows that I placed my order around 8:55pm.  I looked closer  at the ad and found  that the seller is continually changing the quantity in this ad. They never make changes to the title, it always says 200.  In fact they changed it approx. 2 hours after I placed my order.  Clearly they are deceiving customers.  I have asked for a refund with the seller,  but I am bothered that the seller seems to be doing this to others.  I tried to file a report for this item, but there wasn’t an option for this situation.  I used the fraud option, but wasn’t able to give any additional information to explain.  Do you think I should contact customer service to explain what the seller is doing?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Open a Return case for item not as described instead.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That was the first thing I did. I emailed the seller stating that I didn’t receive all the magnets and I was aware they had changed the ad.  They responded by saying they had never changed their ad and I paid for what I got, and if I wanted 200 I needed to pay $26. The seller obviously didn’t know that buyers had access to this information.  I emailed again stating that I had proof and included photos of the 3 pages of changes they made. I also noted that even when they changed the quantity they never change the 200 in the title.  Again the seller responded saying they didn’t change the title because 200 was always an option.  The photos clearly show that it wasn’t, so I don’t know why the seller keeps lying. Maybe the didn’t look at the photos. They have asked if I will take a partial refund, but if I want a full refund I have to send the magnets back. I basically will only pay for what I received since 3/4 of the magnets are missing, I wanted 3/4 of my money back. Then I indicated that if they didn’t agree, I would ask for a full refund and they would be responsible for paying the return shipping.  Waiting to see what seller says.  The fact that the seller has now lied twice in their responses is very concerning.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You may also be able to see the history if you look at the seller's feedback or under completed transactions involving the same listing description. With the screenshots and a little chat with eBay customer service, they should be able to resolve in your favor quickly.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply