Problem with Return Label

dibu-385
Community Member

I printed the return label that was sent to me, attached it to the package to be returned, and then took it to the US Post Office to be mailed and the Post Office advised me they would not accept the package as labeled because it requests that the package is to be sent by Air.  Unfortunately, this package contains a laptop with a lithium battery and by law is prohibited from being sent via air. Therefore, please correct the label to indicate it must be sent by ground and once the label has been corrected, please email the revised label to me at dibull321@gmail.com. Thank you. Diane Bullock 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This board is for the Canadian version of eBay, so if you are trying to use USPS, you are in the wrong place for advice.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You need to contact the seller.

Let them know that the label is unusable, for the reason you state, and that you need the (cheaper!) Surface shipping label.

Also let them know that the label you have will automatically refund them when it is not used.

And say this within the Claim.

Otherwise eBay doesn't know what is happening. Get it on record.

The reason you mention "cheaper" and "refund" is to give the seller two reasons to act quickly. There is a monetary reason for them to do so.

Best wishes with the Claim.

And drop by these Canadian Boards anytime.

We have Nanaimo Bars.

nanaimo bars.jpg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply