Question about time between auction ending and item shipment

jstor22
Community Member

Hey everyone,  I'm new to EBay, or at least I haven't used my account much and just recently had a handful of purchases.  Anyway, my question is about the time between an auction ending and the item shipping.  I made 3 purchases within a day or two and received notices, sometimes within hours of winning that the item shipped.  But this last one ended Wednesday evening and that was now 48 hours ago and I've not heard anything.  This item was a lot more expensive than the previous items and that's perhaps why I am a bit nervous but do I have any reason to be?  

I have sent a contact message to the seller but so far there hasn't been a reply to that.  The item page lists a date which the item might arrive but no tracking number and none of the other notifications that I got the last 3 times.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay has a money back guarantee that covers this sort of thing, so you don't need to worry. It's certainly not an ideal experience though. It's possible the seller may have shipped the item off on their way out of town for the weekend and forgot to update the tracking or something. If it hasn't arrived by the end of the expected date, file an item not received claim with eBay.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@jstor22 wrote:

Hey everyone,  I'm new to EBay, or at least I haven't used my account much and just recently had a handful of purchases.  Anyway, my question is about the time between an auction ending and the item shipping.  I made 3 purchases within a day or two and received notices, sometimes within hours of winning that the item shipped.  But this last one ended Wednesday evening and that was now 48 hours ago and I've not heard anything.  This item was a lot more expensive than the previous items and that's perhaps why I am a bit nervous but do I have any reason to be?  

I have sent a contact message to the seller but so far there hasn't been a reply to that.  The item page lists a date which the item might arrive but no tracking number and none of the other notifications that I got the last 3 times.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  

One other thing you can check is on the listing it will show how long the sellers handling time is prior to shipping. Like the other post the seller may have had something come up and the shipping part was not updated yet. No time to panic....just yet.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You should also know that tracking is a Seller Protection against false "Item Not Received " claims.

A tracked shipment doesn't move any faster nor get gentler handling than an untracked shipment.

That being said any item that is "a lot more expensive" is very likely to be tracked, if only for the protection of the seller.

And items over 500grams and 2cm thick usually travel at parcel rate, which will be tracked automatically as part of the purchased service.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks very much!  I will go back to the seller's page and see if I can find that info you mentioned.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

jstor22
Community Member

Update...okay so today after reading the replies to my question, I went to the purchase page and it indicates that it's been paid for but not shipped.  I can't find any information that says anything about the seller's time between sale and shipping but he does have 100% positive feedback and a handful of positive comments on his page.  I'm going to have to assume that he's busy/out of town for the holiday weekend and just wait and see what happens.  Thanks to those who replied, it was very much appreciated 🙂  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It's only Sunday, and USPS offices are closed today. They were open yesterday and will be on Monday.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

jstor22
Community Member

Resolved- Final Update

Thanks again everyone for your replies and advice.  I never did get a reply from the seller but I did get an email notificaiton that the item had shipped.  I guess the weekend holiday was the reason and that fact had slipped my mind.  Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied!  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply