Shipping Calculator International... means US only?

Hello,

It has been years since I have used ebay.  Posted a few items, decided to use shipping calculator.  The only international shipping is USA.  My items to not show as worldwide.  Is this because I used this tool?  Having a hard time navigating all the changes since I last posted any items.  What am I missing?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I looked at your listings & it looks like you only ship to Canada & the US exclusively. You haven't included or added any other International Countries. That may be your problem. If you add other countries, you should be able to use the shipping calculator for them.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Make sure you are using the advanced rather than simple listing form (I'm told the simple form has an advanced link in the top corner).

Select "Choose custom location" -- pick United States and then choose a Canada Post service with USA as part of the title. Expedited parcel has a minimum length of 21 cm for the USA (different than the minimum for Canada).

For the rest of the world, "Offer another service" -- make sure to pick a Canada Post service that does not have USA as part of the title.

shipping calculate intl.jpg

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's a dropdown menu.

Choose Custom Location

Then choose USA

Then choose Custom Location again

Then choose some other countries.

Do NOT choose North and South America if you chose USA.

If you are selling again, take your time on international shipping. Get a few US sales under your belt.

Have you noticed the 21 day hold on your payments yet?

There are lots of changes.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you!  Changing to advanced is the only way I could add international shipping (i think! i hope!) 

I did tried this... and it did not give me worldwide shipping options. 

Excluding shipping locations:
  1. Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.

2. Click the Account tab.

3. Click the Site Preferences link on the left side of the page.

4. Click the Show link to see the Shipping Preferences section.

The shipping preferences only asks for excluded countries.  I have not excluded any.  The drop down menu for shipping in the "simplified" listing version does not give me worldwide, only usa. 

Thank you for the help!!! 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Most users of the Simplified SYI form are newbies, or very occasional users, who for their own protection should not be selling overseas in any case.

A little patronizing, but there you are.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You are looking at site preferences. The screenshot in post 3 shows how you set up shipping on the sell your item form...that's where you need to set it up.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply