Shipping issue ~ Imperial versus Metric, continues to only give one option instead of 2

Hi, I'm a seller from Canada, and on only a few of my listings, it WILL NOT allow me to use metric as my measurement option for the weight. It will not let me 'click' metric, I can click it but it jumps back to Imperial after a few seconds. This only happens occasionally but it's so frustrating. The actual measurements change too, therefore getting a hugely distorted measurement. I've completely re-written the listings that do this over several times but I can't fix the issue. Its so strange! I actually prefer to do my stuff in Imperial but when ebay changed its format, particularly in regards to shipping, it basically forced me to use Metric.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipping issue ~ Imperial versus Metric, continues to only give one option instead of 2

Are you listing on dot CA or on dotCOM?

Our American friends are almost alone in using the Imperial system.

Canada went metric in 1974 and any attempt to use another system for shipping will result in errors.

You should be able to buy a tape measure in both metric and imperial at any sewing goods shop or at Canadian Tire.

If you are listing on dotCOM you would be using Flat Rate Shipping from an International location, unless you are forwarding through a company like chitchat or Stallion.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Are you listing on dot CA or on dotCOM?

Our American friends are almost alone in using the Imperial system.

Canada went metric in 1974 and any attempt to use another system for shipping will result in errors.

You should be able to buy a tape measure in both metric and imperial at any sewing goods shop or at Canadian Tire.

If you are listing on dotCOM you would be using Flat Rate Shipping from an International location, unless you are forwarding through a company like chitchat or Stallion.

@momsgot4 

@femmefan1946 

That was spotted by a few when the new fangled listing tool was rolled out a few months ago. Probably forgotten when they issued the tool for ca. Similar to what OP is reporting.  It was fixed but eBay may have been able to recreate the problem for sellers who hadn't suffered through it already.

Brought to you from the fine folks at:

lotzofuniquegoodies_4-1678166562768.gif

-Lotz

Message 3 of 3
latest reply