Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.

jalan2566
Community Member

Today I was browsing ebay on my phone after recently changing gmail addresses. I've updated most of my accounts with my new address except this one. Long story short my android phone is set up with my new account and when it asked me if I want to sign in using gmail I said yes. I wasn't thinking this was creating a new account and the sign in worked normally. Anyway 15 minutes later I get this mesage:

After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

So basically after calling customer support I can no longer use that email on embay which is very disappointing as it is my main email account. Anyone ever go through this or have any advice on how to proceed. I would basically like to close that account so I can put the email address on my actual account which is the one that I am writing from but I can't because it is already associated with an account and I can't remove it as everything is blocked from changing on the account that was created and live for a whole of 15 minutes.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The eBay employee who was notified can be very helpful but he does not work weekends.

Take a deep breath and try to relax.

You may be able to reach a human being through Facebook or Twitter, but frankly tyler@ebay is a better bet.

Do you have backup of the photos and descriptions that were taken down? If not you could spend some time rebuilding them. It can be useful to have a copy of these saved somewhere outside of your selling venues.

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.--Red Green (closing line of each Mid-Life Musings segment

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @ypdc_dennis, and the nice vote of confidence @reallynicestamps (makes a Monday morning after a weekend spent sick all that much better!). 

Hi @jalan2566 - are you posting from the account that got that email message? I may be confused about which user id is the one that's impacted. Feel free to shoot me a message with more details! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply