guest user access and seller feedback error messages

ingnawe-0
Community Member

first time user and first time buyer....made purchase as a Guest User have since Registered.

very satisfied with my purchase and especially pleased by the seller and their assistance in clearing up confusion caused by third party(my postal service).

can't access purchase details or seller to leave very positive and well deserved feedback because of following error message ERROR - DEPRECATED_GUEST_ORDER_DETAILS

any fixes or better locations to be asking?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I am not sure you can leave feedback if you purchased as a guest user.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I didn't think that a guest could leave feedback either but apparently they can.

If you bought an item as a guest, you'll need to sign in as a guest user to view your order details. Follow these steps:

1. If you're signed in to eBay, sign out to avoid any error messages.
  2. Find your eBay guest order confirmation email—the subject line starts with "Guest Order."
  3. Select View order details in the email.
  4. Enter your email address and access code to sign in as a guest user.
  5. From Order details you can choose to contact the seller, leave feedback, or return the item

If the poster didn't associate their new user account with the guest account that might explain why they are having problems

accessing purchase information.

1. If you're signed in to eBay, sign out to avoid any error messages.
  2. Find your eBay guest order confirmation email—the subject line starts with "Guest Order."
  3. Select View order details in the email.
  4. Enter your email address and access code to sign in as a guest user.
  5. Select Leave feedback or Sell this item in the Order details page. You won't have to complete either action, but it'll allow you to register for an eBay account.
  6. Enter an email address, create a password, and then select Register. If you use an email already linked with an account, you'll need to start the process again with another email address.

Once you confirm your account, the item you bought as a guest user will show up in your eBay purchase history.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply