were to mak e feedback prvate

how to make feedback private ?thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

PS - Many eBay members refuse to do business with a member hiding behind "private feedback".

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Only buyers can have private feedback.

If you plan to sell, you have to have your feedback visible.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I notice that you have been actively buying and recently started selling again.

Many sellers prefer to do their buying and selling on different accounts. Although your eBay accounts can share a Paypal account, you would need a second credit card for the new eBay account.

This might take care of some of the possible problems that you hope private feedback would prevent.

BTW, the selling account should be the one with the highest feedback. A zero feedback buyer is welcome, a zero feedback seller is often overlooked by sophisticated buyers.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Pierre.  As a seller myself, I didn't want to have to deal with anyone who is "hiding" behind their private feedback.

Anyone who have private feedback often have bad comments from sellers to them and with private feedback, we cannot see what they left feedback to their sellers.

I have bad experiences with some buyers "hiding" behind private feedback and since then when I see any new buyers with "private feedback", I cancel their bids.  I had to do that to protect myself.

It is shame that eBay allows it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

In the field mostly Military  I sell in there are lots of Private Auctions and Bidders mostly WW 11 items as people don't to be seen buying  WW 11 German items even though the Seller is the only one to know. On the other side there are Sellers who want their Auctions private since most of the WW 11 German  items are high in price they are re-poed quite often & allot not all are reproductions and they usually sell to Buyers who don't do their home work before buying. Then there are the Sellers who sell in both categories Original & Reproduction so they have both end covered if you do not read the description word by word. I do not Sell to private Buyers and in most cases I do not buy from Private Selling Auctions. If you have money to throw away on these Auctions save your Money and buy a good Reference Book so you will know better the next time.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Private auction listings and private feedback are two totally different and unrelated things.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply