February 5th, 2014 Weekly Board Hour

Hello Canadian eBayers! Time for another Weekly Board hour. You can post ahead of time if you'd like, we're going to start answering at 1pm Eastern. See you then!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I guess everyone is outside shovelling that white stuff! You may as well take a long lunch break.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

No shoveling here thank goodness as it is too cold to go outside... -30C

I can't find everything right now but a couple of weeks ago on the boards someone posted some information from customer support on the board regarding length of time a buyer had to open a case. In some of the information it was 45 days and in other information it said 30 days. I think but am not certain that I've seen both times on the Paypal site as well.

What is the time limit?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Sorry, it is 30 days from the expected arrival date in the case of an item not received. I found that on .com

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

More of a comment...A few people have complained about not being able to use the sort function (best match, highest price etc) and Kalvin replied that it had been tested and seemed fine. I notice the same thing when I use IE. The view function doesn't work either. It's been like for at least a few days if not longer.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

What do you think?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/My-daughter-ordered-something-on-ebay-ca-and-I-paid-for-it...

The seller did not ship.  New user wants to know what to do.  I advise to start with the resolution centre

"ok I tried to fill it out and it took me to a pay pal log in,"

I then suggested: "Get PayPal's telephone number and call them. "

Later on, she posted: "checked for pay pal number and it says to contact ebay for any ebay purchases or problems"

What is a new user to do?  Go to eBay?  No go to PayPal.  Go to PayPal?  No go to eBay?

Can you do something?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

No shoveling here thank goodness as it is too cold to go outside... -30C

I can't find everything right now but a couple of weeks ago on the boards someone posted some information from customer support on the board regarding length of time a buyer had to open a case. In some of the information it was 45 days and in other information it said 30 days. I think but am not certain that I've seen both times on the Paypal site as well.

What is the time limit?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Sorry, it is 30 days from the expected arrival date in the case of an item not received. I found that on .com

Ho pjcdn2005,

You got that right for the eBay Money Back Guarantee (formerly eBay Buyer Protection) program. That will impact items that were purchased on eBay.com, regardless of where the buyer is or what site he was registered on.

The PayPal Purchase Protection on the other hand, which covers items bought on eBay.ca, will only take claims filed within 45 days following the date the payment was made.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

More of a comment...A few people have complained about not being able to use the sort function (best match, highest price etc) and Kalvin replied that it had been tested and seemed fine. I notice the same thing when I use IE. The view function doesn't work either. It's been like for at least a few days if not longer.

Hi pjcdn2005,

I just tried this again, using Chrome & IE and it works just fine. I used the keyword 'iPhone' and was able to successfully sort via Best Match & Price: highest first. The View function works as normal on both browsers as well.

What keywords are you using?

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hello,

Is there ever a chance that E-Bay would eliminate Private Auctions, I like to know if it is the Seller bidding the Auction up or just an other buyer and the other thing is Sellers listing in the Reproduction category and Original category and this happens allot in the Military  category. In allot of cases it is the same sellers that are listing Private Auctions.

Snow just starting here in Nova Scotia.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi pjcdn2005,

I just tried this again, using Chrome & IE and it works just fine. I used the keyword 'iPhone' and was able to successfully sort via Best Match & Price: highest first. The View function works as normal on both browsers as well.

What keywords are you using?

I've used a number of key words including iphone..they all do the same thing. I see someone on the board suggested trying to use the IE compatibility mode. I thought that I was already in that but I will try to do that once I figure out how.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@lukey9 wrote:

Hello,

Is there ever a chance that E-Bay would eliminate Private Auctions, I like to know if it is the Seller bidding the Auction up or just an other buyer and the other thing is Sellers listing in the Reproduction category and Original category and this happens allot in the Military  category. In allot of cases it is the same sellers that are listing Private Auctions.

Snow just starting here in Nova Scotia.

Hi lukey9,

There haven't been any discussions of Private Auctions being discontinued - it's a valuable format used by many legitimate sellers. Members are encouraged to report any suspicious behaviour on the site, which would include Sellers bidding on their own auctions, as well listings that are misleading.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

What do you think?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/My-daughter-ordered-something-on-ebay-ca-and-I-paid-for-it...

The seller did not ship.  New user wants to know what to do.  I advise to start with the resolution centre

"ok I tried to fill it out and it took me to a pay pal log in,"

I then suggested: "Get PayPal's telephone number and call them. "

Later on, she posted: "checked for pay pal number and it says to contact ebay for any ebay purchases or problems"

What is a new user to do?  Go to eBay?  No go to PayPal.  Go to PayPal?  No go to eBay?

Can you do something?

Hi pierrelebel,

It's normal for the Resolution Centre to take a buyer to PayPal when they try to initiate an Item Not Received or Item Not As Described claim, if they paid with PayPal. It's pretty much the same process that happens on eBay in other cases; a claim form needs to filled out and the follow up process happens on PayPal's Resolution Centre. All that person needs to do is figure out what PayPal account was used for payment and use those credentials to log in, then follow the prompts.

If they need to get help from CS they should contact eBay CS, they can help walk them through this. They should only call the eBay phone number provided to them by the site when they click "Contact eBay" in the Customer Support section.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

This concludes this week's Board Hour. Hope you're staying warm in this wintery weather, we'll see you next week!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply