July 19 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone,

As a point of information, there will not be a weekly chat 7/26, as I will be assisting with eBay Open events. If you'll be there feel free to drop by the Community booth and say hi!

Opening up the thread for our Weekly Chat Session for July 19, 2017. This thread will be open until tomorrow, so please post any questions or subjects for which you would like eBay support.

Please find the below table of open issues with the latest updates, as well as what we need in order to pursue them further. Many of them (having been older issues) require more recent examples for me to pursue any type of update. My time on the boards is limited, so I can't do as much digging as I'd like, so I really appreciate the effort that you've made to get me information - thank you!

Issue Status Latest Update Action taken/Next Steps
Items missing from combined invoice  Open/no updates "We need more details to investigate, will the original reported please let us know the status." Proposed removal from list if no update: 7/26
Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages  Need clarification/examples "Shipping not matching is not a bug if it's a GSP item" Need more examples/information, let us know
Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates Open/no updates "In order to test further we need current examples of this." Need more examples/information, let us know
Selling limits live items count discrepancy  Open/no updates "Can you provide a more recent example?" Need more examples/information, let us know
Handling times not being added properly  Report Filed No update at this point Waiting for tech team's response
Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

What is happening with ebay Guides? 

Last year, I wrote two on ebay.co.uk since the option was not available on ebay.ca and they formatted better than what was available on ebay.com. 

Last week, I noticed they are nowhere to be found.

What is going on? I spent a considerable amount of time on those guides and I would write more if I knew the program wasn't being eliminated on purpose. 

Thank you.

I haven't heard of any changes to Guides, so it's disconcerting to hear that you've seen some go missing. I don't see any tech reports of this either, so I'd like to get this reported. Will you send me a PM with what you remember the guides being about (titles if you still have them would be great) and I'll see what I can do to get us more info. Thanks!

Here is one. I found it by searching my replies in Community for when I quoted it to an unhappy new buyer. That the link is still active tells me that it exists somewhere but that the link to me is dropped. http://www.ebay.ca/gds/10-Steps-to-Hassle-Free-Buying-on-eBay-/10000000204740571/g.html

Finding the other which was specific to a product line might take some more digging. Let me send that to you via PM when I do. Thanks.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

I just checked my recent invoice and Ebay is overcharging me on FVF's.

I suggest everyone check their invoices or they will get ripped off.

eg: sale price $4.95. At .0615 for FVF should be 30¢ and I was charged 32¢.

I have checked other and they are all over charged as well.

Does Ebay not screw us enough that they have to overcharge on invoices?

Is it going to be necessary to check every entry so we don't get screwed?

THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED ASAP

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I have exposed an annoying bug with the ebay iPhone app. 

When a seller uses their Sales Record to mark shipped and upload tracking, it somehow subtly communicates that differently to the iPhone app than does doing it from the Selling Manager Summary page. And then the app refuses to acknowledge the orders as shipped, regardless of how long ago that was done. And, yes, I'm running the latest version of the mobile app, I checked.

Cases in point. Screenshot from the app:

IMG_3848.jpg

The orders that shipped (and in one case, actually Delivered for more than a week) but are not considered shipped:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.03.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.04.00 AM.png

The only thing I did differently in my work flow at my desktop is, like I say, add the tracking number and click 'Shipped on' from the Sales Record itself. 

For obvious reasons, I find it super annoying to have the app telling me for 60 days to ship orders that are long gone. Is there any way I can address this? Thanks.

I haven't seen this before @momcqueen - and it does seem an annoying thing to have to sort through every time you open the app. The only thing I can think of for you to try is 'clearing history' (My eBay>Settings>Clear History). I'm not certain that will do the trick though. If it does not work let me know and I'll get it reported to the mobile team.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Hi edubb101,

As requested, I'm here to tell you, you're being ridiculous! Just kidding! 🙂

You're right in noticing that the buyer behaviour is not consistent at all times. One thing I can confirm for you: there is no "rolling blackout". There are certain times of day and certain days of the week that we see an increased buying activity; and that's both expected and normal.

@edubb101 wrote:

Hello,

Can you debunk the theory that there is no such thing as a "rolling blackout".  I hate to even ask the question but my sales are so bulked into certain times that I cannot help but feel that something is going on behind the scenes.  This is not necessarily to say that sales are slow because overall I'm doing ok during what tends to be my slow period of the year but rather why they come in groups on certain days of the week while other days of the week are completely empty.  This has been fairly consistent where by I have enough sales data to ask this question.

At the end of the day I just want to here that I'm being ridiculous lol and my store is visible to all customers that I ship to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Thank you for your time.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

One last question, again in relation to the link in my Post #9 above concerning issues on the new .com Seller Hub.  

Is it completely safe to create listings on .com at the moment?  I'm not being facetious.  I have a number of important listings to put up and I don't want to go through the process only to find that things are not working, not uploading properly, or not displaying properly.  

I don't know whether this involves contacting your U.S./.com counterparts, but some assurance about the site stability and functionality at the moment would be helpful.  Thanks. 

Hi @rose-dee - thanks for the screenshots, they'll help in getting things reported. While this sounds similar, I can't say for certain that it is the same issue that mjwl200 mentioned, but it seems like it may be a factor, as Selling Manager was used in both instances. How that data is getting interpreted by other applications seems to be where the issue lies. 

As to the stability of the US site I do not anticipate there being issues with you listing items on .com. If you do happen to run into any issues please let us know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I have exposed an annoying bug with the ebay iPhone app. 

When a seller uses their Sales Record to mark shipped and upload tracking, it somehow subtly communicates that differently to the iPhone app than does doing it from the Selling Manager Summary page. And then the app refuses to acknowledge the orders as shipped, regardless of how long ago that was done. And, yes, I'm running the latest version of the mobile app, I checked.

Cases in point. Screenshot from the app:

IMG_3848.jpg

The orders that shipped (and in one case, actually Delivered for more than a week) but are not considered shipped:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.03.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.04.00 AM.png

The only thing I did differently in my work flow at my desktop is, like I say, add the tracking number and click 'Shipped on' from the Sales Record itself. 

For obvious reasons, I find it super annoying to have the app telling me for 60 days to ship orders that are long gone. Is there any way I can address this? Thanks.

I haven't seen this before @momcqueen - and it does seem an annoying thing to have to sort through every time you open the app. The only thing I can think of for you to try is 'clearing history' (My eBay>Settings>Clear History). I'm not certain that will do the trick though. If it does not work let me know and I'll get it reported to the mobile team.

Thank you, I've tried that now and unfortunately, Clear History doesn't fix it. I'm still staring at the red notification that indicates I've got two orders to ship that shipped already. After reading rose-dee's post, I check my Seller Hub on ebay.com and didn't see any warnings so I don't necessarily think the problem she's having is the directly related to mine but I could, of course, be wrong. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I was reading another thread about the changes to the 'Top Seller' status that are scheduled for September.  I reread the announcement to realize that it may affect me much more than I thought at first.

Most of my sales are to the USA.  The announcement states that USA sales will no longer count towards the 'Top Seller' badge and discounts.  The announcement makes it sound like I will lose the 'Top Seller' badge and discount even though I have strong sales into the USA.

My questions are:

1.) Will I lose the 'Top Seller' badge that is visible to my Canadian and US customers?  (I do not sell globally.)

2.) Will I lose the 10% discount on fees? (That was 20% until last June)

Thanks,

FAR 

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I just checked my recent invoice and Ebay is overcharging me on FVF's.

I suggest everyone check their invoices or they will get ripped off.

eg: sale price $4.95. At .0615 for FVF should be 30¢ and I was charged 32¢.

I have checked other and they are all over charged as well.

Does Ebay not screw us enough that they have to overcharge on invoices?

Is it going to be necessary to check every entry so we don't get screwed?

THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED ASAP

Hi @dutchman48 - that shouldn't be happening unless it was listed on a site that was charging VAT. I'll take a look and see what I can find out, feel free to send me a PM with the item number!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining us this week - the chat is now closed.

We'll work our way through and respond to anything that hasn't yet been addressed, and we'll see you week after next!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for that update, I'll get this to the mobile team.

The issue seems a bit similar to Rose's just in that there is a Selling Manager disconnect. In your case getting that data communicated to the app, in hers from Selling manager to Seller Hub.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Hi thewoodguy1,

You are a top rated seller both in USA and Global. 

And you will still get the 10% discount on fees. 

@thewoodguy1 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I was reading another thread about the changes to the 'Top Seller' status that are scheduled for September.  I reread the announcement to realize that it may affect me much more than I thought at first.

Most of my sales are to the USA.  The announcement states that USA sales will no longer count towards the 'Top Seller' badge and discounts.  The announcement makes it sound like I will lose the 'Top Seller' badge and discount even though I have strong sales into the USA.

My questions are:

1.) Will I lose the 'Top Seller' badge that is visible to my Canadian and US customers?  (I do not sell globally.)

2.) Will I lose the 10% discount on fees? (That was 20% until last June)

Thanks,

FAR 

Message 31 of 31
latest reply