Buyer from USA cannot buy - apparently we don't ship to him

Hopefully eBay staff still monitors this board.

I only exclude handful of exotic countries. Got this message from the buyer who wanted 330745617223

When I try to purchase your items I receive an error message re: shipping. You don't ship to my address:

buyer name removed

buyer street address removed

Westminster Maryland

Btw. it's impossible on eBay not to have United States in the address because is a drop-down list. I don't have any restrictions to USA.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hmmm.

I wonder how many sales have been lost when buyers have tried to purchase from Canada and were unable to do so.  Not all of them would be likely to contact the seller and we would never know that a sale had been lost.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The listing shows $2.38 s&h to 90210.

PBC&K

Problem between chair and keyboard.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

When I try to purchase your items I receive an error message re: shipping. You don't ship to my address

That's very bizarre, especially considering that the item location is stated as being in the U.S.

The buyer's address is in the U.S...but could he be egistered on a different site..one that you block?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The listing shows $2.38 s&h to 90210.

PBC&K

Problem between chair and keyboard.

I don't think so.

This is a professional corporate buyer with 750 buying fedback.

My listing is listed in USA.

This is fairly unique item I designed and manufactured, so he contacted me and passed his email address, so we made the transaction. I am reporting this, because it must be an eBay defect.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When I try to purchase your items I receive an error message re: shipping. You don't ship to my address

That's very bizarre, especially considering that the item location is stated as being in the U.S.

The buyer's address is in the U.S...but could he be egistered on a different site..one that you block?

I thought about this, but I don't block any sites, only handful of countries.

Buyer - Member since: 02-Oct-98 in United States

Checked my Buyer Requirements Activity Log - this buyer comes up as "Buyers in countries to which I don't ship"

Interestingly, there is quite a few entries:

19-Jun-12  221047263132 - Denmark - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

22-Jun-12  330749224485 - United States - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

28-Jun-12  221060194144 - United States - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

03-Jul-12  221047304590 - United States - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

04-Jul-12  221043730969 - United States - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

04-Jul-12  221043874163 - United States - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

05-Jul-12  221043742207 - United States - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

07-Jul-12  221043760798 - United States - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

10-Jul-12  330745617223 - United States - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship - this is the one who contacted me

11-Jul-12  221043931823 - Brazil - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

14-Jul-12  330748482221 - India - Buyers in countries to which I don't ship

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That's crazy and a bit scarey. I wonder what other unnoticed glitches there are that stop customers from buying an item.

I checked my log and all of the blocked buyers have too many unpaid item strikes. I don't have any countries blocked though.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

A seller's country shipping exclusions is based on the buyers ebay primary shipping address, not ebay registration addreess.

Normally, the primary shipping address is the registration address by default.

What does the buyer have for primary shipping adress? If they entered this address instead of the default, there may be a typo ?

Also have them check their PayPal address on file.

Check your seller shipping exclusions on eBay.com. It should be no issue as it is global so what you entered on ebay.ca should work. It has a few more blocks like Hawaii, Alaska.

I know that you recently moved from ebay.ca to ebay.com. It seems like you have some site preferences issues perhaps. You had one with Unpaid Item Assistant.

Just guessing here.

PS You have a few other USA blocked, are they having issues too and not contacting you? Is there any pattern to those item numbers in shipping setup? Did you go into the listing on a revise and see what the shipping exclusions displayed in a listing shows (edit the shipping exclusions)? Cancel the revise after looking.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply