Promoted Listings expansion and rebrand

tyler@ebay
Community Member

With billions of listings across eBay, it’s important to make sure your items are visible to the right buyers. Today we announced an additional tool you can use to promote your items on eBay. You can have a look here to learn more and if you have any questions, please leave them as a reply to this post.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

EBay is your landlord, not your friend.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yup! just more $ for eBay. Promoted listings are a benefit to eBay, not necessarily to the sellers. Promoted listings only work to a point and as sellers all clamber to get their listings to top of search with all their competitors, soon there is no where to go and it's all a futile action. For the most part, Promoted Listings are a waste of time,effort & money and give little in return>mostly false hope...

been there, done that. There are better ways for sellers to spend their $....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Yup! just more $ for eBay. Promoted listings are a benefit to eBay, not necessarily to the sellers. Promoted listings only work to a point and as sellers all clamber to get their listings to top of search with all their competitors, soon there is no where to go and it's all a futile action. For the most part, Promoted Listings are a waste of time,effort & money and give little in return>mostly false hope...

been there, done that. There are better ways for sellers to spend their $....

I posted about this previously but here it goes again.

When I ended(shut off) a number of my running promotions a few months ago it caused a major instant drop in traffic. When I turned the promotions back on traffic returned. No dramatic uptick in sales. A promoted listing selling to my eye is basically luck of the draw. Entirely random. Without pushing the boundaries 1.1 percent is my maximum wiggle room!! Can I compete with anyone using a higher amount? No!!

Impressions Aug 2021.jpg

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I agree Promoted Listings may bring in more views, more"traffic", but unless that traffic has a direct result in sales, it's just a gamble... a **bleep** shoot >  it's the sales that count and no matter what venue, generally speaking it is the venue that benefits and the seller's benefits are low. I know my own experience(and tried PL for several months on various selling venues) and the result was 0 sales from using Promoted Listings, despite the increase in views/clicks,etc....

Message 5 of 5
latest reply