10-minute PayPal Dispute

Just had an interesting NAD dispute. Customer said everything as described except one part was half quantity.

This part is on the tape and I checked my records and our stock matches to the last unit. Wrote to the customer, sorry our records indicate you have been mailed everything and stock recount matches, perhaps the tape was bent, please check again.

Within few minutes the dispute was closed.

Today I was doing the dispute cleanup, had several that customers have not been responsive.

One INR dispute from the customer from two weeks ago. He received the item posted into the PayPal that he received it but did not close it. Even left positive FB but ignored several of my messages asking him to close it. I tried to escalate the dispute but then the only option left for me was to provide tracking.

At first the PP guy wanted to give me lesson about seller protection and tracking, but I told him to check the buyers message from Nov. 23 at 17:53pm. Immediately he said I was right and closed the dispute.

So many disputes could be avoided only if buyers were communicating.

Do buyers realize PayPal blocks entire transaction amount even if they are disputing some $1 line on it ?

I guess not.

I think PayPal should improve the dispute process. If it's becoming easier for buyer to file dispute than double-checking the shipment if the missing quantity is not there somewhere, then something is not right.

Oh yes, btw, another good new ... my first and only credit card charge-back from many months ago has been reverted, apparently bank must have came to conclusion that my Mr Buyer has been abusing the system after all.

I guess I will never recover the PayPal $10 chargeback fee, but it gives me a nice warm feeling inside. Perhaps the system is not all that bad. It works slowly, but if you are abusing it, it catches up.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

10-minute PayPal Dispute

I'm glad things worked out for you, it's always nice to get that warm feeling inside. 🙂

I agree that there would be less problems and disputes if people communicated with each other. I'm a firm believer that if the seller communicates specific things throughout the transaction then it increases the chance that the buyer will contact the seller before doing anything else.

But I think that ebay & paypal should also be encouraging buyers to communicate with their sellers before filing a dispute or leaving a negative.As far as I can tell there is no encouragement from their end.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

10-minute PayPal Dispute

The problem I see is that PayPal and eBay consider dispute a communication. However, they do not make ti clear that this "communication" locks the funds of the seller. Then the buyer walks away with "resolved" issue, but they do not realize they have to close the communication.

I block only potential scammers, black holes, non-payers and whiners who demand refund or else. However, in this case I blocked this particular person, although he might have been good returning customer.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

10-minute PayPal Dispute

A little while ago a buyer opened a dispute with paypal for an inr. He was in the U.S. and it had been just 6 business days since I had mailed his item.

Apparently paypal then sent him the "tracking" information which is really just the invoice number as the item was sent small packet. Then 13 minutes after opening the dispute, the buyer accelerated it. I was sleeping when the dispute was opened and was still sleeping when it was accelerated so obviously there was no communication happening in that dispute. Paypal obviously doesn't care if there is any communication.

Sorry, I realize this type of thing wasn't what you were referring to..just venting.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply