100 percent bidders blocked...problems?

Hello all , just a quick question to ask if anybody has had issues with Bidders that have 100 percent feed back NOT BEING ALLOWED to bid on items?

I have had two people in as many days ( that have contacted me ) that get a message saying they are not allowed to bid because the country is blocked.  BUT IT'S NOT BLOCKED.... I am at a loss.  

The only thing I changed was blocking unpaid item strikes and policy violations .  BOTH MEMBERS DID NOT HAVE EITHER OF THESE IN THERE FEED BACKS.   

Anybody!??

RESINBOX

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: 100 percent bidders blocked...problems?

• Do these buyers have multiples shipping address?
  • Is their Web browser configuration (region/language)  correct?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I looked at 4 of your recently finished listings.  If you intend to ship to internationally, you have your listings set up incorrectly.  They were set up to ship only to Canada, with no option for any other countries.  You should go through the SYI form and make sure that you set up shipping for domestic, US, and international destinations, with a flat shipping cost or calculated shipping for each.  By the way, some listings show shipping to Canada at US$23.73 in the search results, then state free shipping within the listing description.  That is too late - shoppers are scrolling through lists of items, looking at prices.  Only some of them will actually open your listing.  You have missed an opportunity to show free shipping where many more shoppers will see it.  Your decals sell at $9.00, with shipping showing as $23.73 within Canada, only within the description do you state $5.00.  If I saw that in a search result, I would not open your listing, but would move right on to another seller.

IMHO it does not look very professional to state shipping charges within the description, and then say if the shipping cost is less than that, you will refund.  You are selling models and decals.  Presumably you know how you are packing them.  Weight and measure the boxes, check Canada Post, and get the correct shipping cost - it's not difficult.  After you have your shipping set up, then you have an opportunity to block bidders from specific countries or areas.  You do not then need to state what countries you block in huge bold capital letters in red and black type in the description area of your listing.  If I was a potential buyer, that would put me off - it looks unfriendly, angry and very aggressive.  You are both a seller and a buyer on eBay.  Step back and look at your listings as a potential buyer would.  Ask yourself if you would be attracted to bid on your listings as they are currently set up. 

Unpaid item strikes and policy violations do not show up in members' feedback.  eBay keeps these private.  Only the seller who wasn't paid would know the identity of the non-payer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The only thing I changed was blocking unpaid item strikes and policy violations .  BOTH MEMBERS DID NOT HAVE EITHER OF THESE IN THERE FEED BACKS.  

All bidders have 100% positive feedback. Sellers cannot leave negatives or neutrals.

And after a Dispute is resolved, neither party can leave feedback. Often a blessing for sellers.

It is likely the bidders do have strikes or violations. Why would they tell you? In fact, some may not even know they have them until they are Blocked by an automatic block on such bidders.

FWIW- The largest rate of criminal behaviour is found in males between 18 and 35. If this is your customer demographic, you will have to be more cautious about what bids you accept than someone (like me) whose customer base is mostly older and more settled. Of course, most people even those in that demographic are honest, so caution not paranoia.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

• Do these buyers have multiples shipping address?
  • Is their Web browser configuration (region/language)  correct?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I looked at 4 of your recently finished listings.  If you intend to ship to internationally, you have your listings set up incorrectly.  They were set up to ship only to Canada, with no option for any other countries.  You should go through the SYI form and make sure that you set up shipping for domestic, US, and international destinations, with a flat shipping cost or calculated shipping for each.  By the way, some listings show shipping to Canada at US$23.73 in the search results, then state free shipping within the listing description.  That is too late - shoppers are scrolling through lists of items, looking at prices.  Only some of them will actually open your listing.  You have missed an opportunity to show free shipping where many more shoppers will see it.  Your decals sell at $9.00, with shipping showing as $23.73 within Canada, only within the description do you state $5.00.  If I saw that in a search result, I would not open your listing, but would move right on to another seller.

IMHO it does not look very professional to state shipping charges within the description, and then say if the shipping cost is less than that, you will refund.  You are selling models and decals.  Presumably you know how you are packing them.  Weight and measure the boxes, check Canada Post, and get the correct shipping cost - it's not difficult.  After you have your shipping set up, then you have an opportunity to block bidders from specific countries or areas.  You do not then need to state what countries you block in huge bold capital letters in red and black type in the description area of your listing.  If I was a potential buyer, that would put me off - it looks unfriendly, angry and very aggressive.  You are both a seller and a buyer on eBay.  Step back and look at your listings as a potential buyer would.  Ask yourself if you would be attracted to bid on your listings as they are currently set up. 

Unpaid item strikes and policy violations do not show up in members' feedback.  eBay keeps these private.  Only the seller who wasn't paid would know the identity of the non-payer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

All bidders have 100% positive feedback. Sellers cannot leave negatives or neutrals.

And after a Dispute is resolved, neither party can leave feedback. Often a blessing for sellers.

It is likely the bidders do have strikes or violations. Why would they tell you? In fact, some may not even know they have them until they are Blocked by an automatic block on such bidders.

FWIW- The largest rate of criminal behaviour is found in males between 18 and 35. If this is your customer demographic, you will have to be more cautious about what bids you accept than someone (like me) whose customer base is mostly older and more settled. Of course, most people even those in that demographic are honest, so caution not paranoia.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks very much for your help and advice.

S.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply