180 days INR, NAD, will software reflect this change?

Because we sell internationally we have already been hit with the new 180 days INR policy. So refund was issued...no biggie.

However what will happen if buyers open NAD cases after 60 days and the original listing with the original pictures is deleted?

How will this work after the 60 days that ebay stores the order details for. Does this mean sellers have to save screenshot of every listing we sell from now on so sellers can prove with pics that the item was "as described"

Does ebay have any plans to extend the period of time that order details will be saved in their database and accessible to both parties should a dispute arise.

What if a buyer opens a Significantly NAD case and request seller to pay for return shipping. Photos/pictures from original listing pretty much become a must have at that point for the seller to defend themselves.

In our humble opinion this new 180 days policy will only serve as the best fertilizer ever for our BBL list. We expect our BBL to grow to great length in the coming year thanks to this new policy.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"the original listing with the original pictures is deleted?"

While sellers may not have access to sold or unsold listings after 90 days, they are all available to eBay who keeps everything on their servers.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That's awesome Pierre but will they make them available in a dispute to both parties involved?

Do you know?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"will they make them available in a dispute to both parties involved?"

No.

In case of dispute, eBay and PayPal make their decision based on the information they have.  Generally they find in favour of the buyer in most instances.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The question of whether eBay's programming would be a problem with respect to the Paypal 180-day return policy was a big concern of mine too.  

Although eBay's servers may keep listing data older than 60 days, it doesn't help the seller much in determining whether to fight a SNAD claim or refund without a struggle.  Attempting to fight a futile SNAD will only result in a defect and an unresolved case, which no smaller seller wants to risk. 

It may not help you in this particular instance, but I've always used Auctiva (listing management service), because I'm a belt-and-suspenders type, and because I've never really completely trusted eBay's programming.  For the $2.95/month I pay, I figure it's good insurance.  It allows me to store my listings and all my photographs, for years.  This may not work for you if you list a lot more than about 15 items per month (the number of free listings you can post from Auctiva).  However, you can save all your posted listings, even sold listings for months, if not years.  I still have listings available that I posted 4 years ago. 

I tend to add about 10-25 items to my store at a time, to keep below the eBay 150 free listing level, so usually Auctiva free listings work well for me.  To work around the Auctiva limit of 15 postings, if I have extra listings, I prepare them (and upload the photos) on Auctiva but cut and paste the descriptive text onto eBay.  Then even if the eBay version disappears with time, I still have a duplicate to refer to on Auctiva.  With this new 6-month return policy, I think Auctiva will pay for itself someday. 

BTW, I'm not a salesperson for Auctiva, but I've found it's been worth every penny. Woman Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@berubegirl wrote:

... what will happen if buyers open NAD cases after 60 days and the original listing with the original pictures is deleted?

Right now you have access to 90 days if you have the transaction listing number (paypal shows it with your transaction).
URL to use is www.ebay.ca/itm/item-number-goes-here
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Because we sell internationally we have already been hit with the new 180 days INR policy. So refund was issued...no biggie.

What does selling International have to do with the PayPal 180 day policy?

Nobody has had a claim under this policy because it only applies to transactions that occurred since mid-november.

The "new" 180 policy isn't really much of a change, all it does is encourage buyers to open claims with PayPal instead of going to their credit card companies.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply