2018 Fall Seller Update

Hi all,

The 2018 Fall Seller Update was released today.

Here’s a brief summary of what’s included:

Marketplace Updates: Answer your buyers’ questions before the sale by providing your customer service phone number, a reminder to list using secure HTTPS content to stay abreast of Google Chrome security changes, and fee updates for Reserve price and Subtitles.

Inventory Optimization: New categories in the product-based shopping experience, “New other” item condition updates, lower final value fees in some Business & Industrial categories, and new item specifics updates for the Wheels category.

Service Metrics & Shipping: Access service metrics and peer benchmarks in Seller Hub, and the introduction of shipping rate tables to eBay Canada.

Please use this thread for feedback and questions about this latest release. As always, feedback is welcome. I may not address your feedback directly, but I’ll be collecting it to pass along to the Seller Release team at large.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: 2018 Fall Seller Update

@cgphile wrote:

Hi,

Sort of.

My categories are all in Business & Industrial.  So starting October 15th my choices will be New, Like New, Used, Manufacturer Refurbished, Seller Refurbished, or For Parts or Not Working?  This I get. 

So  I will end up listing everything as New, and adding the 'New from old stock' in the body of the listing description.  Hopefully prospective buyers will have read the full description before purchasing.

Will the 'Like new'  condition have a field to enter information like the current 'New other' does?

You did not address my question about what happens to the information that is currently showing in the 'New-other' field.  Many of my listings have information in this field.  When E-Bay automatically updates from 'New-other' to 'Like new', what happens to the detailed information that is currently in that field.  Does it carry over and remain visible?  Or is it lost?

If the information is lost, this means that I will have to revise a considerable number of my listings to add back the information that the E-Bay update has lost.

Monika.

I guess I'm not understanding which field you're referring to. Are you referring to the Condition Description field, as seen below? That isn't going anywhere as far as I'm aware.

Untitled-1.jpg

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Yes I think that Monika is referring to that condition box.  When we change a listings category all fields in item specifics go blank.  As the condition box is associated with the condition that is chosen, she is asking if that will go blank with the change in condition.  

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

The actual URL of your Store, which will be HTTP if it contains custom content, will generate a warning in the address bar of Chrome as mentioned in the Seller Update, but will still be visible, and will not affect the visibility of your listings.

So what you are saying is that  I can not include a link to my store or any of my store pages in my listing description.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Hi,

Yes, I am referring to the condition description box that you have hi-lighted in yellow.  Will the new item condition 'Like new' have that condition box available?  Or will the box disappear as it does for the condition 'New'?

I would like confirmation that the information that is currently in the condition description box for the condition 'New-other' will still be there once E-Bay automatically updates the condition  to 'Like new'.

Thanks,

Monika

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@bookelph wrote:

The actual URL of your Store, which will be HTTP if it contains custom content, will generate a warning in the address bar of Chrome as mentioned in the Seller Update, but will still be visible, and will not affect the visibility of your listings.

So what you are saying is that  I can not include a link to my store or any of my store pages in my listing description.

Sorry, I didn't come across as I meant to. The link itself is fine; it won't trip the warning until they visit the non-HTTPS link. If you're just putting an a-tag in with an HTTP URL, that won't generate a warning until clicked. If you were using an img-tag with an HTTP URL to display an image within the listing, that would generate the warning right away. Does that make more sense?

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@cgphile wrote:

Hi,

Yes, I am referring to the condition description box that you have hi-lighted in yellow.  Will the new item condition 'Like new' have that condition box available?  Or will the box disappear as it does for the condition 'New'?

I would like confirmation that the information that is currently in the condition description box for the condition 'New-other' will still be there once E-Bay automatically updates the condition  to 'Like new'.

Thanks,

Monika

I am not aware of any plans to remove the Item Condition field. This would have been mentioned specifically if it were part of the change.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

I am surprised at the fee increases for both reserve items and for subtitles. Although we don't use these often, this will completely discourage use for any items in the future.  It looks like the start of both of these options being phased out completely.  Unless I have something with a quantity (and we usually don't as we are "thrift" resellers) - it would be now very expensive to do, especially on an auction with no guarantee of a sale. 

FYI - if you haven't read it the change is as follows: 

Fee for Subtitle will increase from $0.50 to $1 for listings with 1-, 3-, 5-, 7- and 10-day listing durations and an item price of up to $150, and from $1 to $3 for listings with an item price of more than $150

WOOF! 2dogsdigs

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

It seems that this thread is starting to wind down, so I might not pop in as often. If anyone has a question for me, be sure to @ me so I don't miss it, and I'll be happy to come back in and help.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply