21-Day Listings instead of 30-days. Did I miss a memo?

When putting a couple of games up for sale this morning Turbolister had a stroke and told me that the duration I was using was no longer valid. I updated it and now the new Fixed Price duration is 21-days, not 30-days. I checked the SYI form, and it's the same thing.

Did I miss an announcement here on eBay.ca or is this a stealth "upgrade" to help separate more money from my wallet?

Anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Gee,, I listed a whole bunch of stuff about a week ago and it was alright, maybe I will try again and see if I get the same thing
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

?????

I listed huundreds of fixede price listings yesterday and today and all of them show 30 days as they should. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

You listing clearly shows 21 day duration:

End time: 28-Feb-09 08:14:21 EST (20 days 20 hours)

?????? .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

It's a known site issue.

When relisting via eBay, 30-day BIN default to 7-day (or perhaps something else) and one can only revise to a max. of 21 days.

However, "they are working on it":-D

Cheers
Bernie
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/duration.html

"you can also choose a 30-day or Good 'Til Cancelled listing. " .
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

"When relisting via eBay, 30-day BIN default to 7-day "

???

I relisted a large number of items yesterday and this morning using eBay's relisting function and all show up as 30 day duration.

Could it be a category specific problem?

There is nothing about the problem on the Announcement board on eBay.com. .
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

It seems to be intermittent.

PS support said it was a "site issue" they are aware of.

For some 30-day relists it pull the auction defaults and chooses "7-day" for you - how nice 🙂

The one I just did, I revised to 21 days - better than nothing I guess.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

There is nothing about the problem on the Announcement board on eBay.com.

We Canucks are sooo special 🙂

Cheers
Bernie
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I did a quick test and the problem seems to arise with eBay.ca relisting, not eBay.com

Are you relisting on .com or .ca? .
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Completed a few more tests on .ca.

If relisting individually, the default is set at 7 day (instead of 30). It can only be edited to 21 (no 30)

If bulk-relisting using "my eBay", the default is set at 21 day (instead of 30).

Only in Canada, eh! .
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

.ca only for us.

And when a Frenchman tells a German that he was right..... time to enter it into the calendar, as that memorable occasion may never be repeated 🙂

Cheers
Bernie
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Just created a new 30-day listing via "Auctiva". The listing tool sent it, but it never posted to eBay.

If the issue is anything like the intermittent one we had with Paypal, eBay should have this fixed by Easter, no worries.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Why not list on eBay.com? .
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Sorry, was at a meeting so couldn't respond to the questions.

Yes, I'm listing on .ca only. A known site issue, eh? I just thought it was my turn in the barrel.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Why not list on eBay.com?

WHY LIST on .com? I see no advantage.

That aside, at least 5% of payments to us are still in form of mail-ins. Not something we would like to forfeit voluntarily.

Our target audience are 50 to 80 year-olds. They have enough problems dealing with eBay, let alone Paypal (don't trust them/don't have a credit card).

Cheers
Bernie
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

", at least 5% of payments to us are still in form of mail-ins"

Mine are about 40% cheques/checks/money orders/cash. I list on .com and they still send payment by mail, avoiding PayPal. 🙂

"Our target audience are 50 to 80 year-olds."

Ditto .
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Why not list on eBay.com?

Then my calculated shipping doesn't work. And my store is on .ca as well as the SMPro.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

"my store is on .ca"

That does not matter. My store is on .com and I can list on any international site, in any currency and all listings will still be included in my store (except for listings not offering PayPal!).

"calculated shipping "

That is another matter. If needed, then you do not have a choice. .
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Hm, interesting, Pierre.

Yeah, I imagine your target audience is "grumpy old men" 🙂 just like ours.

I would think that a large percentage of your mail-in clients are ones that you have previously established a relationship with - good for you!

By the same token, I still don't see the difference between listing on .com vs .ca or vice-versa. My take is that it's likely a wash.

We still outsell the complete competition combined; ergo listing on ca. can't have that many disadvantages.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 20 of 22
latest reply