5% Discount??

Hi everyone,

I just purchased an item from the U.K. then after I looked at the emails from ebay and paypal I went back into ebay and seems like out of no where - have no idea where it was, there was something that said that if you purchase from November 26th to December ? - I can't remember what date, you get 5% off.  Does anyone know anything about this - I had to just put my email address in.  I'm wondering if that would apply to the purchase I had already paid for.  Hmmm.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

5% Discount??

"there was something that said that if you purchase...'

From eBay.com?

From eBay.ca?

From all eBay international sites?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

5% Discount??

Yes there is a 5% rebate for using paypal.  You need to click through the email they sent or on the banner that has been on ebay and other sites that take paypal like futureshop

Then the first purchase after registering doesn't count.  Starting with the second purchase you'll get 5% rebated later

Unfortunately it is only for a week this time.  Last year it ran for over a month, then another month earlier this year.  They have another offer for longer right now but it  was targeted to newish accounts

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

5% Discount??

this is a rare bone for Canadians only

On the other hand I see paypal snuck in a fee increase on the exchange rate, 2.75% now when the purchase is funded from anything except a paypal balance

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

5% Discount??

Thanks everyone.  For the life of me no way can I see the banner anywhere.  I was shopping on.ca and purchased something in the U.K. (have only done that once before)  I don't have extra funds in Paypal account - I just paid like I usually do with Paypal.

C $18.87

+ GBP 2.95  I know this is Great British Pound, but the selling price has already been changed into Can. Dollars

C $5.08

shipping

When I was purchasing, I was wondering why this?  Ah well, I had a bad fall and am on painkillers, maybe that's why I was up so early in the a.m. purchasing!

As regards this 5% I'm not going hunting, I might call ebay to see what this is.  If this doesn't make sense....it's the meds!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply