5 STAR RATING FOR SHIPPING TIME

When posting feedback and star rating for a USA seller, this message came up:
"Meeting or exceeding our shipping requirements automatically gives the seller a five-star rating." and I was not able to leave a rating.

Does anyone know what the shipping requirement is for eBay that will qualify us for this? Is it how long it takes an item to arrive or is it based on how fast we ship the item? Do we need tracking number? Will using PayPal shipping qualifies us for this?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I believe it is based on shipping same/next day AND you have to upload a tracking number to back it up.

Susan
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I don't think that you can get the automatic shipping time 5 stars if you use Canada Post.

LINK

You will automatically receive a 5-star shipping time detailed seller rating if:

You specify 1-day handling.

You upload U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx supported tracking information by the end of the next business day* Pacific Time after the buyer's payment clears.

Delivery Confirmation or tracking shows confirmed delivery 4 business days from when the payment clears—or—within your estimated delivery time if it's less than 4 days (for example, overnight shipping).

In some instances, there may be a delay in processing your shipping details, and buyers may be able to leave you a detailed seller rating for shipping time. If you have met the automatic 5-star shipping time requirements, your rating will be adjusted to 5 stars.

A business day is a normal weekday. Saturdays, Sundays, and major holidays are not business days.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ujr1867
Community Member
"You upload U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx supported tracking information by the end of the next business day* Pacific Time after the buyer's payment clears. "

Is from .com - can anyone confirm if this is the same for .ca ?

Is Canada Post included in the automatic five star rule or not?
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

ecgt
Community Member
Canada Post is USPS supported. All of the tracking info for Canada Post tracking numbers is accessible at usps.com
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

When using eBay's on-line shipping with Canada Post Small Packet Service, we are given a "tracking" number. Would this qualify for automatic 5 stars if shipped within 1 business day?
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

When using eBay's on-line shipping with Canada Post Small Packet Service, we are given a "tracking" number. Would this qualify for automatic 5 stars if shipped within 1 business day?

No, small packet doesn't tell them if it has been shipped within that one day or received within 4 days.

Delivery Confirmation or tracking shows confirmed delivery 4 business days from when the payment clears—or—within your estimated delivery time if it's less than 4 days (for example, overnight shipping).
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

As I have said before in previous discussions, when you print your shipping label say for the USA, check the difference between Small Packet Air (delivery standard of 4-10 business days) and Expedited surface (delivery standard of 4-8 business days). We have found that Expedited can be up to a dollar or more cheaper, plus if I'm not mistaken, this would give you the required level of service needed in most cases for the 5 star fb.

Cheers,
AXE
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Axe, Whenever I check, there is at least a $6 difference. If my item is worth less than $100 and full insured under small packet, I don't see a reason for paying an extra $6.

When I do use Expedited, a parcel to the U.S. takes more than 4 business days. I suppose it might be different if I was in a major center and/or closer to the border but I don't see myself qualifying for the free shipping time automatic 4 stars in the near future.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Hmmm, yeah that is weird. I always check both prices while printing a label, and 50% of the time it is cheaper for me to use Expedited than Small Packet. I am close to a major centre, which may help.
It seems to me that either way you go, with most items to the USA taking more than 4 days on average anyway, this ploy by eBay is just yet another lofty goal that few can reach. Automatic 5 star for shipping time really is a joke at best. Nothing new for eBay.
Here's another one- we only get 5% percent discount instead of 20 this month because of a couple boneheads who are disillusioned by eBay to think that we can get an item to them overnight.
Fun, fun, fun....

AXE
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hmmm, yeah that is weird. I always check both prices while printing a label, and 50% of the time it is cheaper for me to use Expedited than Small Packet

That's only if you are going heavy. When you ship 250gr packages like we do all the time, EXP is way more $$'s.

Bernie
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Right...so maybe its more the 250-450g items that may be slightly cheaper then.

AXE
Message 12 of 12
latest reply