A question on procedure in buying.

m*a*h*l*l
Community Member

I am new to eBay and I have a question related to buying procedure. I believed I had read an instruction on buying through eBay that advised me to wait for an invoice from each seller before sending payment - is this procedure followed regularity?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"is this procedure followed regularity?"

There is no standard answer to this question.

Some buyers prefer to wait for an invoice to be received from the seller while others prefer to make an immediate payment based on the information supplied in the listing (price and shipping charge and taxes if applicable).

Personally I generally wait for an invoice from the seller.  Many others do not.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since most buyers do pay right away based on the information provided by ebay, I don't send out an invoice until the next day as I don't want to seem pushy. If the shipping amount is included on the listing, I would recommend that you pay right away. If the shipping costs isn't stated or if you buy more than one item from one seller, you should request an invoice from the seller.

Some sellers require that an item be paid for when you purchase, so in that situation you have no choice but to pay right away.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Not all listings are the same.

Some sellers don's send invoices and just expect you to pay when they've already stipulated the cost of shipping.

Therefore, when you can Pay Now because the item has the price in the listing then just go ahead and pay.

If the seller has not included a shipping cost you can't pay even if you want to.

When that happens you can wait for the seller to send an invoice or you can request the total, whichever comes first.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply