A recent buyer of mine has not received an item I sent by lettermail over 2 weeks ago. Do I have a leg to stand on?

wantingwonga
Community Member

I sent many items to different buyers on March 25th. One buyer is claiming not to have received their purchase.  Because the item was sent by Lettermail. This choice of delivery method was clearly stated in the listing and I chose Lettermail in order to attract buyers with lower shipping rates (per eBay's own recommendation) without losing money out of my own pocket.

Every other package I sent across Canada in the same manner has been received by their buyer.

This morning I opened a 'Service Ticket' with Canada Post about this undelivered item but they do not follow up on these when Lettermail was used.  

While online I also used Google's 'street view' to check the buyer's address and noticed he has an external mailbox that someone could easily have stolen from.  I also noticed via Google maps that the buyer is using the wrong post code for his address (something I confirmed via Canada Post's website).

So, I cannot prove I sent the item and the buyer cannot prove it has not been delivered (especially if it was stolen from their mailbox or sent to the wrong address).  If a case is opened with eBay do I stand to lose out? And if NOT via eBay might a separate claim be made via PayPal or are their claims linked with eBay's?

Thanks for any help and advice you may have.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

A recent buyer of mine has not received an item I sent by lettermail over 2 weeks ago. Do I have a leg to stand on?

So, I cannot prove I sent the item and the buyer cannot prove it has not been delivered (especially if it was stolen from their mailbox or sent to the wrong address).  If a case is opened with eBay do I stand to lose out? And if NOT via eBay might a separate claim be made via PayPal or are their claims linked with eBay's?

Thanks for any help and advice you may have.

If a claim is filed you will lose.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply