ANYBODY GET THIS E-MAIL ... FRAUDULENT SELLER?

rewelu
Community Member
Hi Everyone,

I checked my e-mail this morning and get an e-mail like this:

"Dear seller,

My name is Richter Michael and I own a smalll but successful IT business,HiT COMPUTERS.I also am a very serious seller on eBay with a good feedback rating and with 100% positive feedback reviews.My eBay id is peterace.
I want to expand my business and diversify the types of products that I offer to other markets and I'm looking for resellers to sell my computers/accesories(and other products) on ebay/or in any local store. I can provide almost any quantity to my resellers.Here is an example of our prices:
Notebooks: -Compaq Presario X1000 639$
-HP Compaq Business Notebook nc4000 820$
-IBM ThinkPad T40 900$
-Dell Latitude D800 699$
and many more
Workstations: -Compaq D530 CMT 520$
-Compaq Evo D300s 430$
-Dell Dimension 8300 499$
-HP D530 (3,2Ghz CPU) 499$
and many more
Phones:-Nokia 6800 140$
-Nokia 6200 120$
-Nokia 3200 89$
-Samsung A800 99$
-Samsung X600 150$
-Sony-Ericsson P900 280$
-Sony-Ericsson T630 130$
and many more
plus a wide range of servers.
Also I can provide almost any products of the following brands: IBM,HP,COMPAQ,DELL,ACER etc.
If you are really interested in making bussines with me,I will send you my full offer or visit our website www.hitssystems.com.All products are brand new, boxed, shipping with all the accessories provided by the manufacturer.All products are covered with 2-years guarantee and meet European safety regulations.Please take you time to visit us and take a look at the full price list.
All my merchandise is stored in my warehouse near Amadora , Portugal and is ready to be shipped.As I said my bussines is expanding trough Europe and soon I hope in USA.We also provide networking equipment for some major corporations like Ford,BMW.For additional information or if you are really interested to colaborate with us please contact us at hitsystems@sbcglobal.net.
Thank you for your time and interest.
Best regards,
Michael"

The guy wants Western Union and accepts cash for local pickup. He is located in Portugal.

This seems too good to be true and smells of fraud. He also sent me e-mail addresses of customers. They are all registered at places where free e-mail addresses are given out.

He also has a website www.hitssystems.com

This scam is very well thought out. He also says that he can't tell me where he gets the products from ...

Tell me what you think ...

Hendre
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

muminlaw
Community Member
Ignore and delete! Smells high!! To me, it ranks right up there with the widow of the deposed dictator needing my help to get her millions out of wherever!

Actually, you should probably forward it, with headers, to spam@ebay.com

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Smells like an old plate of Kraft Dinner (cheezy offers). Just do what muminlaw told ya 😉
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Agreed - delete and forget about it.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

designr-splurge
Community Member
Warehouse is in Portugal and he is registered in the US. Enough said
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Smells spam or material for Safe Harbour you could forward to spam.

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
View Elaine Serafini's profile on LinkedIn
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
P900 Cost is about 450-500 USD, this is through true wholesalers overseas. There is no way its $280...DELETE.

Or write him a nice letter and tell him to go to ***

Regards 🙂

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

mr.benj
Community Member
I agree .. forgot about the guy in Portugual. Everything I've read about scams or too good to be true deals is just that. Too good to be true ..

but tell me more about the widow of the deposed dictator. So if I get it right .. she's rich and single !!
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

mahsauction
Community Member
If in doubt forward the email to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

yu-nique-collections
Community Member
Yes, I received that same email a day or 2 ago. I promptly deleted it as well. If its SPAM, its most likely a SCAM...LOL

Plus, he used my old eBay email account. So, the mailing list was most likely purchased from elsewhere.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply