APO/FPO address??

Hi guys, this is the first time I have seen an APO/FPO address... what kind of address is it? Is it safe to ship there? I tried googling the address but I didn't quite understand where exactly this is because google map says it can't find the address...

Let's say it's okay to ship to there. On my "Order Details" page it does NOT say it's from United States yet when I check my Paypal's shipping address it does say United States but doesn't say APO/FPO so it's really confusing me. My ebay page did default the shipping method to USA though. Exactly how am I supposed the write the address then? Am I supposed to write APO/FPO or United States on the country destination of the address?

On my eBay Order Details page it looks like this: (XXXX refers to numbers)

[buyer name]
PSC X Box XXXX
APO AE XXXXX
APO/FPO

On my Paypal Transaction Details page it looks like this:

[buyer name]
PSC X Box XXXX
apo, AE XXXXX
United States

Thanks for any input! Cat Wink

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

APO/FPO address??

Use the PayPal address. In fact, you should always ship to the address that PayPal gives you.

When you ship to an APO/FPO address you will be shipping to a US centre and they will forward the item to the correct military location.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

APO/FPO address??

Hi zee-chan,

Your buyer is in the US Military. The AE means they are stationed in Europe. But your parcel will be sent to APO (Army Post Office) in the US, and then all mail is forwarded to the recipient wherever they are based. So you will just charge them the U.S rate. Hope this helps. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

APO/FPO address??

American military installations, regardless of where they are, are US territory. So, you are always shipping to the US. I read, somewhere, all the mail goes to San Francisco for redistribution.

Ya got a zip code, so, it is going to the USA.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
latest reply