Accidental second purchase

d_3_0_1
Community Member

Today I purchased a laptop battery which I really wanted. I paid for it. No problem. However, the problem occured when I accidentally hit the button "Buy another one". It's a step before finalizing the "Buy now" option. So, now in my records, MyeBay: Activity. I see the Laptop Battery with the option to "Pay now". However, I had already bought the item. It was an accidental second purchase. 

I emailed the seller about this situation asap and he still hasn't gotten back to me - it's been apprx 12 hours. I told him in an calm and adult manner it was an honest mistake and that I was looking forward to buying one, NOT two Laptop Battery. Also, I told him that I will be extra careful for next time when doing the whole purchasing process.

He still hasn't gotten back to me yet. But then he did. To inform me the original purchase it's ready for shipping and he gave me a tracking number for that purchase. 

So what can I do for this accidental secondary option waiting for me to, 'Pay Now'?  

ps. I rarely purchase stuff online, let alone eBay. So please be nice with the responses. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It is all in the hands of the seller as whether to cancel this

purchase or file an unpaid item claim.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Message the seller asking to send you a cancel bid or cancel sale request. All you  need to do is accept his cancelation request once he sends it to you. Done:)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Don't pay it and file a dispute. Ebay can attest you did this second transaction in error.  Just do not pay for it.  When you open a dispute, it now sends a message to the vendor ebay is now involved - and trust me, once this happens, they are quick to respond.

@d_3_0_1 wrote:

Today I purchased a laptop battery which I really wanted. I paid for it. No problem. However, the problem occured when I accidentally hit the button "Buy another one". It's a step before finalizing the "Buy now" option. So, now in my records, MyeBay: Activity. I see the Laptop Battery with the option to "Pay now". However, I had already bought the item. It was an accidental second purchase. 

I emailed the seller about this situation asap and he still hasn't gotten back to me - it's been apprx 12 hours. I told him in an calm and adult manner it was an honest mistake and that I was looking forward to buying one, NOT two Laptop Battery. Also, I told him that I will be extra careful for next time when doing the whole purchasing process.

He still hasn't gotten back to me yet. But then he did. To inform me the original purchase it's ready for shipping and he gave me a tracking number for that purchase. 

So what can I do for this accidental secondary option waiting for me to, 'Pay Now'?  

ps. I rarely purchase stuff online, let alone eBay. So please be nice with the responses. Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply