Adding Tracking Number To Sold/Shipped Item on My Ebay

Hey all. As I'm sure most are aware, the only options given us (sellers) when trying to load a tracking number is either Canada Post or UPS. I pretty much ship exclusively Fed-Ex, except for the occasional Canada Post small packet (no tracking number anyways). 

Even though I email my buyers with ship confirmation and tracking info, I would like to be able to add that info to the "my ebay" page to ensure a guaranteed 5 on shipping time. Of couse, as it is structured, I cannot do that. I have spoken to 2 eBay c/r reps who basically told me I was S.O. L unless I decided to change carriers. Anyone know a workaround for this? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks for any and all suggestions. Have a great upcomming long weekend.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

To add a Fed-Ex tracking number to a transaction, do it through PayPal, not eBay.

At the bottom of every "detail" page at PayPal, you have a link to add tracking number.  Fed-Ex is one of the carrier options offered.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"I would like to be able to add that info to the "my ebay" page to ensure a guaranteed 5 on shipping time"

"guaranteed 5" ????

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hey, thanks for the heads up. For some reason, I had thought, that, just like using free shipping gets you the auto 5 for ship cost dsr, loading your tracking number into the system, and shipping within your "promised"  time (as per your auction) that too would qualify for the auto 5 for ship time DRS. Or just another late 60's flashback? Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It's real, not a flashback and since this is from .ca, it looks like it is applicable to Canadian sellers that use UPS or FedEx

LINK

You will automatically receive a 5-star shipping time detailed seller rating if:

• You specify 1-day handling.

• You upload UPS, or FedEx supported tracking information by the end of the next business day Pacific Time after the buyer's payment clears.

• Delivery Confirmation or tracking shows confirmed delivery 4 business days from when the payment clears—or—within your estimated delivery time if it's less than 4 days (for example, overnight shipping).

In some instances, there may be a delay in processing your shipping details, and buyers may be able to leave you a detailed seller rating for shipping time. If you have met the automatic 5-star shipping time requirements, your rating will be adjusted to 5 stars.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks much for digging that out for us.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You could also add the "tracking"  number to your feedback, making it do something useful besides stroking your buyer's ego. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply