Additional item fees showing incorrectly.

If you click on the Shipping & payment tab on this listing you will see that I have an additional item fee.  However, just above, the listing states that I offer free shipping for additional items.

Which do you think the buyers would insist on when they see the 2 different additional item fees?

The additional item fee may seem high but I refund the difference if the actual cost of a combined order is less than charged.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Do you have free shipping set up somewhere in your preferences?

In the area where you have 4.95 for an additional item...I always thought that showed just if you had more than 1 of a particular item in the same listing. I'm sure that in my listings once I'm down to just one left, it shows shipping cost for just one item.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi pj,

I have never had free shipping set up in my preferences.

It is strange that that listing has only 1 item left and yet the additional item fee shows.  I checked through some of my other listings that ship with either Small Packet or Expedited (as does this one).  The listings that I had only 1 item to start with did not show the additional item fee.  The ones that I had started out with more than 1 and had only 1 left also showed the additional item fee.  And of course the listings with more than one item also showed it.

I couldn't find another listing, so far anyway, that had free shipping as well as the add. item fee.

So hopefully it was just a fluke.

Judy

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Nothing has changed.

I revised the shipping method on all of my listings the other day.  I never seem to have a problem until I use the bulk edit feature.  Now the additional item fees are not being displayed correctly when I click on the Shipping tab.

The problems seems to be "mostly" on the single quantity listings.  It shows up in some items and not others.

I have my preferences set up for additional item fees and the correct one checked in all of the listings.

The best example is my Watches category.  All of the multiple quantity listings display correctly.  All but 2 of the single qty listings are incorrect.

In some listings it shows additional item fee 1.50 AND addit items free which is wrong.

In some listings it does not show addit item fee (which is 1.50) but does show addit items free which is wrong.

The bulk editor did not fix the problem when I revised them again.  I can't change them by revising listings individually because they don't give you the option to add the additional item fee in single quantity listings....except for the combined shipping box which is checked in all of them.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Problem solved.

First of all, I decided to check my preferences.  Although I have not changed them in a long time, somehow, without my help, the one box that shows a 4.95 additional item fee had been changed to "Free Shipping".  I quickly changed it back.

Secondly, the additional items showed as Free because, for the watches, I had previously selected no additional item fee on Canada only.  When I logged into .com and selected another country the "free additional items" disappeared.  That one was my doing.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'm sorry I didnt notice your reply on the 3rd until now but I'm glad that you got it all figured out.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply