Advice needed on refund

When I list, I put a cover-all price for shipping on my listings for Canada. If someone in BC purchases, I lose some, but ON and Quebec it is too high and I give a refund.

Someone just purchased an item and it is going to Quebec, and I need to send a refund, however, they paid by e-check, and I am not sure how to do the refund.

Any suggestions please?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Advice needed on refund

To make a partial refund on a payment received by echeck, you must wait until PayPal notifies you the payment has cleared - 7 to 10 days from now.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Advice needed on refund

Thanks Pierre, I thought that might be the case. I never like refunding the whole amount and asking for a new payment, so often the buyer doesn't pay again.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Advice needed on refund

If the amount is small, it may be easier to simply include it with the merchandise.

The buyer will be happily surprised.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Advice needed on refund

If you lose a small amount on shipments to BC why can't you make a little bit when shipping to ON/QC?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Advice needed on refund

I don't feel that it is fair to the buyers to pay more shipping than the cost, shipping is high enough anyway. I prefer to refund and swallow the underpayments.

Good idea Pierre, I already told the buyer I would be refunding, so it won't be a surpise.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply