Advice on invalid contact info

phoenix_top_drawer
Community Member
Hello all,
We have to rely on the kindness of strangers yet again. Actually we need your advice on a situation. A fellow bought 2 items from us on Friday. We immediately e-mailed him from two mail servers. We sometimes do this if the buyers e-mail server is unfamiliar Today, with no return contact, we got his phone number from e-bay. When we called, we found he had moved to another province.
How would you finesse this from here? The 2 purchases are $160 US. He has 20 solid feedbacks.

Thanks
Brad
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

aabros
Community Member
Hi Brad,

Email him back once again, if no reply, send him a non paying bidder alert in 7 days. If still no answer, request your final value fees from eBay 7 days later. If you ever get a negative from him, it will be removed right away because of his invalid contact info.

Thanks and good luck.
Anthony
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
I would wait until this Friday and file my NP Bidder Alerts for both items, after sending a polite "reminder" email ASAP. If he has recent purchases he has been left feedback for, I'd not worry too much. Sometimes they just are busy and he may have been away over Easter weekend. Gloria
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I would immediately report his invalid phone number to eBay using this form:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/results.html?tier0=report_problem.html&tier1=5&tier2=4&continueButton=Continue+%3E&contactUsJSFilename=report_problem.js&contactTitle=Report+problems+with+other+eBay+members#

eBay will call the number and then NARU the account. You will get your fees back. Good luck!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply