Am I oblige to pay the item i committed to buy? but i changed my mind?

bitwaves
Community Member
2 REPLIES 2

Oh boy. Could this be somebody just trying to stir the pot? 😛

If not and this really happened, you can ask the seller if s/he will cancel the purchase. BUT s/he is not obligated to agree to this. Your seller might simply file an UID on you four days from now.

Of course, that's not really a threat as you know you can't receive negative FB as a buyer.

If you're wondering whether the police will come crashing down your front door to force you to pay for the item, no.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'bitwaves',

Committing to buy an item and then changing your mind is considered very poor form

on ebay.

Once you are guilty of this transgression, you must either contact your seller and ever-so sweetly

ask for a cancellation, or wait for the Unpaid case to show up.

If the seller is amenable to cancel, be sure to click to Respond and click to Agree when the

email about it arrives.  The second you agree to it you are off the hook and in the clear.

Then be sure to thank your seller for that wonderful kindness, adding that you will make every

effort to be more conscientious in future.

You'll probably end up on that seller's blocked list anyway.  Sellers can't stand non-payers.

If your seller has one of those personal "zero tolerance" policies and files the Unpaid Item case,

you will then have 4 days to pay it or get a strike on your account.

Most sellers set up auto-blocks against people with 2 or more strikes, so accumulating them will definitely

curtail your future buying prospects.

The following link will tell you all about Unpaid Items, - best have a look:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/questions/unpaid-item.html

If ever there is a chance you might change your mind, why not use your Watch List?

When looking at a listing, just below the Bid or Buy button it says "Add to watch list".  Click that.

Then, you can access your personal list of items from the left side of the main ebay page,

or from the top under the My eBay drop-down menu.

It's great for price comparing, and you can keep track of items whilst you decide.

That way, you only "Commit to buy" when you are fully prepared to immediately follow up

with payment.

Best of luck. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
latest reply