Amazon gave me the boot..

On the bright side i was closing it anyways this week LOL..

They gave me the boot because well sale were slow so min feedback makes everyone damaging ..

A guy bought a 3D movie and thought it was the new 3d but it was the old type
so the buyer claimed it to be defective and asked to return ..

This happened with 2 buyers and not because it didn't show it was old 3D but because they neglected to realize it ...

Account closed for high Defect rate .... Reinstatement  NO ... Money on hold yesssss...

Do I care... NO ... Was it fair... Not even close

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

FYI I accepted the returns and even offered to pay return shipping ..

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Amazon has less than zero tolerance, all those people who think eBay can be harsh have no clue, they wouldn't last 5 minutes on Amazon.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Something starts moving well and they compete with you. Plus it's also already full of Chinese sellers at this point.

I had an invite about two years ago, a salesguy from Amazon found my website and kept calling me to sign me up, I considered it at first but then he got too pushy so I refused. From what I hear, they treat you like dirt, while here on Ebay if you stick to the rules, they leave you be. I am my own boss in my own business and if someone wants me to treat me like an employee, they are going to have to pay me not the other way.

Brande, good riddance 🙂 I mean, good for you.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Amazon should boot themselves in that case.

I bought a small storage unit this month, directly from Amazon, and it was missing both assembly instructions and some parts.  That was no big deal since it was easy to assemble and the missing items won't cost much.  However, when I went to leave FB I discovered that I could only rate their shipping and packaging.  The only comments I could make were in regards to the packaging and nobody but Amazon would see them.  I never heard back from them about the missing items.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Dont feel too bad, They will do that to anyone at any  time

.I have 100% feedback on an Amazon account, We sent them 48 cases of a product, each case will sell for $600. The day they received it,they suspended that ASIN.Took three days of emails and phone calls, sending them all the invoices to show we purchased the product from legitimate distributors before, they finally and after three refusals, decided the reinstate the product for us to sell.

Had they continued to refuse, it would have cost us a few hundred $$

No recourse

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

And then there are books.

If no one has ever sold the book on AZ before, good luck, as a Canadian seller, getting it listed. As reallynicestamps, I sell the British North America Philatelic Society books. We tried for months to get these listed on AZ. They are brand new, hard to find (we're the only outlet actually) and quite expensive (short run printing), but even with ISBN numbers, no luck whatsoever.

And then there are my cheap vintage SF paperbacks. Pre-ISBN, forget it.

AZ dot COM may be better, but they would not allow me to sign up there.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ya funny thing about all this I have bought lots of stuff from them and I once received 2 different orders one order They sent me 3 boxset valued at $120 a piece all were defective .. Then I bought 3 boxsets another time and they all came defective too ...

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I haven't bothered with amazon because the fees look a bit high...

Would it be an okay choice to try to sell something that isn't moving on ebay?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Amazon kicked you out on Thursday.... their stock tanked 11% on Friday:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=AMZN+Basic+Chart&t=5d

In one trading day, the market value of the company dropped by $18,000,000,000 (eighteen billion US dollars!

That will show them.  Next time they will show you more respect! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

And then there are books.

If no one has ever sold the book on AZ before, good luck, as a Canadian seller, getting it listed. As reallynicestamps, I sell the British North America Philatelic Society books. We tried for months to get these listed on AZ. They are brand new, hard to find (we're the only outlet actually) and quite expensive (short run printing), but even with ISBN numbers, no luck whatsoever.

amazon.ca has gotten better in the last 2-3 years. Prior to that it was not unusual to see a Canadian published book available on .com with no ability to list it on .ca

I don't know if it's possible to add new detail pages if you're an individual seller. But if you're paying the monthly fee it (in theory) can be done. Not as easy as it should be, but I can usually stumble my way to adding new items to the amazon.ca catalog,

One of the tricks, is to see if your book is already listed on one of the other amazons (.com, .co.uk, et al). If it is, then grab the ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) and use that number and the ISBN when trying to add the book to the catalog.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@ricky87199 wrote:

I haven't bothered with amazon because the fees look a bit high...

Would it be an okay choice to try to sell something that isn't moving on ebay?

The definitive answer of:  it depends....

They both have strengths and weaknesses.

You can think of ebay as a being a really large bazaar where you hawk your goods and amazon as a well-connected company that uses you as a drop shipper of goods.

Fees: For myself I find that amazon fees usually takes an additional 8% more than ebay for equivalent sales. One adjusts, a sale with fees being much preferred to no sale.

If planning on selling something on amazon, check to see what amazon already has listed, and see what the competition is like.

Check out the amazon forums. Particularly the "This Ain't eBay" thread. The forums are .com-centric since .ca doesn't have any, but much of the info works for both.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

What size boot?
Photobucket
Message 13 of 13
latest reply