American Ebay Sellers not shipping to Canada

There have been a number of Ebay items of the marine nature that I would have like to bid on, however there is often a caveat indicating that this seller will not ship to Canada.

I therefore have to Email the seller and ask/beg them if they would like to sell and ship to a Canadian. Many times though the seller just ignores me and I watch the item listing expire without even a bid.

As of today though, I have tired of this fruitless Ebay game and I will advise my American friends that I will no longer participate in this "no shipping to Canada game." You can keep your items on the shelf gathering dust as obviously you folks are not interested in selling to Canada.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: American Ebay Sellers not shipping to Canada

If you are that unhappy - why not post this on the .com site.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Everybody has there preferences and as a buyer you should respect that instead of bugging them fruitlessly ..

Maybe they have been scammed to many time maybe they are not comfortable or maybe they don't need the canadian market either way just move on find someone else who will ship to you...

Ask once and if nothing move on .. If they don't ship to Canada they probably won't respond to you because it is already stated NO so why repeat what they have already put in there listing..

Without knowing each specific sellers reason it's hard to make a call as to why but bugging them will do nothing but annoy them andf yourself ..

Ask 1 time then move on

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I haven't seen that that often.....but do you know what I do when I see it?..........MOVE ON, no biggy.  I certainly wouldn't ask/beg the seller to do it!  They've listed it that way for a reason, and it's their perogative.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Sellers may have many reasons for not shipping to a particular country, and it's up to them to decide.  You can filter these out if you use "Advanced" search on eBay, and just stick to the ones that do.  This may save you some frustration when you finally find just the item you were looking for. 

Unfortunately many American sellers don't want to deal with shipping outside the U.S., and I'm sure many have a large enough market in the U.S. that they don't need to look elsewhere for sales. 

Asking nicely once is fine, as some U.S. buyers honestly don't think about Canada when they list, but if the answer is no, I'd just find another seller. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Apologies, the last post should have said:

[...] some U.S. sellers honestly don't think about Canada when they list...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

danielle81h310
Community Member

I've gotten around this problem by using a package forwarding company.  You just ship the items to your USA shipping address they provide and then forward them to Canada.  Easy system and works great to get USA items from Ebay sellers that don't ship internationally!

I've used a bunch in the past but I would recommend looking into the following:

http://www.myus.com

http://www.parcelbound.com

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

shamugal
Community Member

I'm Canadian. I recently searched for shipping supplies to buy and came across the "no Canada" thing. No problem. I just continued my search until I found a seller with a reasonable price and shipping cost and dealt with them.

Everyone has the right to choose how they conduct their business. If their choices limit their access to some markets,well, that's there choice. and their loss.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

here here ...i totally agree

Message 9 of 9
latest reply