An introduction - newest addition to Canada's Marketplace Development team

circa@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear eBay Canada Community,

Further to Jordan Banks' Canadian Seller Profitability posting found here, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Circa from eBay Canada's Marketplace Development team.

My role at eBay is to improve Canadian seller profitability. As such, I'll be looking at every aspect of the Canadian selling experience on eBay, including eBay fees, shipping, PayPal currency conversion, and more. To ensure my finger is on the pulse of the issues affecting you - eBay Canada sellers, I'll be looking for your continued honest and candid input.

Please let us know your thoughts and ideas by emailing sellereconomics@ebay.com. Along with Jordan Banks and my other eBay Canada colleagues, I will personally be reading each and every email.

We sincerely appreciate your time and suggestions.

I look forward to chatting with you soon!

Best regards,

Circa
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Well, for starters, put the Seller Pack back on. It was actually making a huge difference in my sales -- but you all just put it on for less than 1 month before taking it away -- claiming 'no interest'.

Heck ya -- there's interest. Give it a chance. It'll definitely improve my profitability -- to the tune of $100s if not $1000s per month.

John
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I second John's comment. My sales have doubled.

Ann
Zarzuella Books
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

fenian
Community Member
Hi Circa......nice to see you! Perhaps you can have a word with your Paypal cousins regarding foreign currencies. I sell regularly to the UK, and maintain a Paypal account in sterling (as well as Paypal accounts in $CAD and $US). I have been unable to get any kind of non-canned answer as to how I can withdraw funds from the sterling account into a bank account in either country. I have $CAD, $US and GBP accounts in Canada, and a $US account in the US. Any help appreciated. Thanks! >>>>>>> Michael
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Can you PLEASE remove this thread from the PowerSeller board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?threadID=300017958&start=0

The site is down. Dead. Not coming back. Owner is not doing it again. Kaput! Defunct! Not functioning! Has not been for many monts. Get the idea? Great!

Yet still, people keep posting to it to have their name added to the non-existant list but practically no one seems to read the multitude of posts telling them to stop posting because the site is dead.

This has absolutely nothing to do with seller profitability but I figure it's a much easier request, one that you can actually accomodate with litle effort. It's not nearly as complex as figuring out how to make Canadian sellers more profitable. Can you please do this?

Thanks ever so!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

eureka9988
Community Member
Hi Circa,

I agree with the sellers above re the Seller Pack. My sales doubled while it was in effect as well. I think it would be advantageous to both EBay and the sellers if you were to reinstate it. We Canadian sellers need some incentive and this program was EXCELLENT - PLEASE REINSTATE IT!!!

Renee
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

stittsville11
Community Member
I'll support that motion. My sales have also improved significantly with the seller pack. I would be happier however, if I saw some credit for the many galleries I have posted. I have well over $500 coming back. When will we see this $$.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
I loved the seller pack and told them so when I got the email about it not being available after Dec. I took great advantage and ran about twice as many auctions in Nov as I have in other Novs and saw a good return on my time and effort. I don't even need the research part (hardly used it--after a couple tried I determined that it wasn't what I needed). Just give me unlimited gallery use and I'll be happy (even shipping through Canada Post!). Gloria
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
Nothing else is wanted but the SELLER PACK.

Thats all we ask for.

No CanadaPost as we know they are useless.
No PayPal, nothing can possible be done anyhow.

Circa,

We have had many many eBya employees come on and introduce themselves and say they will be reading every post and so on...after 1 month, they are gone.

There will probably be many promises made and more useless .05 cent listing days in .ca only.

But no SELLER PACK.

Thanks for reasing and i hope youre here for more then 1 month.

Moez.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
Darn, should always spell check 😞

Moez.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

funkywatch
Community Member
BRING BACK THE SELLER PACK.

I find it strange that everyone on this board is asking to get it back and the promo was pulled for "lack of interest" ???
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

power_batteries
Community Member
Yes, I would have liked to have tried using the seller pack too. Unfortunate problems with PayPal made me delay too long before getting it. (Needing to sign up the month before makes it difficult to show interest early.)

C.G.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

axxesswireless
Community Member
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.

looks to me like there's some interest after all.
why not bring it back?
oh yeah i forgot....."there wasn't enough interest" blah, blah, blah......yeah right!!
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
To all Canadian Powersellers;

It may be worth noting that Circa is very unlikely to read any of your subsequent postings. This original post was made at 11:56 EST on 13/12 on Canada Town Square - this posting was a cut and paste after-thought that took five minutes to perform. Circa did not even bother changing the salutation to address Canadian Powersellers. In MHO a very unimpressive debut.

In fact, it is just another example of where Canadian Powersellers fit into the scheme of things. To eBay.ca we appear as an after-thought only and certainly not as the sellers that "rank among the most successful sellers in terms of product sales and customer satisfaction on eBay. We are proud to recognize their contributions to the success of the eBay Community!" (from the Canadian Powerseller portal).

Circa, I'm sorry to say that, until you demonstrate otherwise, you will just be viewed as another pink paying lip service to the problems Canadian Powersellers face in remaining competitive on eBay. Your request for continued input is a total waste of time. You have more than enough input and suggestions. Months have passed since Jordan asked to open this dialogue and all the community has to show for all the suggestions submitted is a new .ca only promotion scheme that holds little or no interest for most of the largest Canadian sellers.

In fact, as is readily obvious, the only constructive thing .ca did to help profitability was cancelled because of perceived low interest. A sceptic might interpret the cancellation to mean that .ca could not attract enough low volume sellers to take advantage of the "Seller Pack" because it would not increase their profitability. The only people that seem to think that it might increase profitability are the Powersellers - and that wouldn't be profitable for eBay.

But here is a suggestion for you if you want to do something to increase our profitability. Find a way to make eBay selling tools work on both .com and .ca so that we can take advantage of .ca exclusive promotions without investing hours and hours of work. Let us use the tools that we already pay handsomely for and that are promoted as being timesavers. I can never figure out how 3rd party solutions can allow sellers to list on multiple sites and eBay can't. Maybe you could put in a call to the folks at MarketWorks and ask them how they do it. It's just another suggestion.

Forgive me if I don't welcome you with open arms. I have been here long enough and I've seen it before. I'll wish you luck with your new position but I'm not so naive to believe that you will make a difference.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.
BRING BACK SELLER PACK.

Plain and Simple.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
Autch!!! You ask just for BRING BACK SELLER PACK!!!
Circa

What you can do!!!
Message 16 of 16
latest reply