An ironic situation, now I just have to figure out how to take advantage of it.....

I've been watching the view counts on newly listed items the last few days to get an idea what's generating the most attention of the stuff I'm listing (I've been listing non-traditional stuff).

I have had a couple people in the last few days ask for extra or special lots and as per my usual process, I just build them a "special lot for (partial) buyername" that has a generic picture and nothing in the description. The people they were built for haven't bought them yet.

Ironically while I was checking the views, those two lots have lots of views, more than most of my lots listed in the last few days!!!

Arrrggghh. 

Clearly people are curious what the special lot for someone is!!!

So I put my marketing hat on and I've gone back and put some special text and a link in the description to let the curious folks reading the description know that I have 1000s of other lots.....

My favourite old ancient saying is "chance favours the prepared mind"..... 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

An ironic situation, now I just have to figure out how to take advantage of it.....

I'd drop the 'special lot' part of the title.

Looks like that is what is coming up in Search. Certainly there are those who Search 'private auction'.

I just use the customer's eBay name. I suppose another title like a partial address "yonge street at king" sort of thing would also be practically invisible in Search.

And you may have some nosy customers who have your newly listed lots set to show whenever you upload them, whatever they are.

You're a popular fellow, I guess.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply