An item I have listed is selling at the moment for about three times what it is worth. Really conce

ca_cunn
Community Member

I have an item closing tonight that is currently selling for more than three times its realistic price. As a new seller I an very concerned that the buyer is going to be lass than pleased and neg me. The description is accurate, even says the item is painted rough but for some reason there are are two buyers who have been playing back and forth since it was listed. Any comments would be appreciated as to how to handle this.

Thanks all  John

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

An item I have listed is selling at the moment for about three times what it is worth. Really conce

If the listing title, description and photos clearly indicate what you are selling, then let the bidding take place without any worries. If they receive it and aren't happy, well, you did what you had to do as a seller and the buyer was not reading the listing details clearly. If the buyer didn't read carefully, PayPal will take care of them if anything and you wouldn't need to reimburse anyone if you have been clear in you listing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's called 'bidding frenzy' and we all love to have it.

Your bidders are grownups and while you may think they are bidding above the norm, your item may be harder to find than you think.

Possible outcomes include:

The buyer pays, you ship, he is happy.

The buyer does not pay, you open an Unpaid Item Dispute. You get your selling fees back and he gets a Strike, Neither leaves feedback.

You offer the underbidder the item as a Second Chance Offer. He pays, you ship, he is happy.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply