Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

PET PEEVE of the Day: Canadian Buyers NOT paying applicable/invoiced taxes

First off, we state in all our listing descriptions that Canadian buyers must pay applicable sales taxes. So...buyer buys item. I invoice Ontario buyer showing and describing applicable sales taxes and our GST registration # to boot. I also send buye...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

ok Paypal... IT'S ON

I'm so POd right now. I got an email 2 weeks ago stating that a payment by a buyer's bank was reversed so paypal was looking into the matter and for the time being had frozen the amount in my account. It did not state the buyer had a claim with them ...

Do we still have a PINK to listen.....

and respond to our concerns? Or did the recent eBay downsizing, due to their omnipotent failure to read the market, include the elimination of all customer service?

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do you hide what your item sold for

Hey, I am always watching these forums and it has been very insightful so I figured I would come here for help. I want to know if it is possible to hide what price your item sold for, for instance if I accepted an offer of $25 other members will not ...

Seller vs Seller Harassment - Read this for a laugh

Got this from a 4395 FB ebayer, 97.8%. What would you do if you got a message like this? Just a friendly reminder, you are not authorized to sell online, so all lib gnu product must be pulled within 24 hours or risk loosing it, Your account is now be...

Standard Delivery imbedded message Delivers 1 Day after post ??

I noticed that under standard delivery seems to be new default message posted by ebay that delivery " 1 day after post" this is a crazy message and misleading to buyers. I do not recall it there before was always 6-8 days before. This is particuarily...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

FEEDBACK CHANGES AGAIN!!!!

Ok now I've about had it with the feedback changes! I just received a bunch of new POSITIVE feedbacks and NO new negative feedbacks and my feedback rating goes down from 99.6% to 99.5% and I received about 11 new feedbacks. Why did my overall % rate ...

LISTINGS ARE UP BUT WHAT ABOUT SALES?

I have 60% more listings and my sales are down 25% from lowest sales for a three month period in 2007. Actually, my three month sales are the same as my sales were for the month of January 2008 alone. Best Match? Could that be a factor?

DHL/UPS

Hi everyone, I have a Russian customer contacts me ask if I can mail item by DHL/UPS. I tell him that it will be very expensive to mail with DHL/UPS. Then he ask my phone number, saying that he can provide a shipping label for me to ship item to Russ...

Multi-item quantity displays

Instead of displaying the actual quantity, such as "83 available," we're now displaying "more than 10 available." eBay must be going by the premise that buyers are stupid! Xena

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

extorted again HELP!!!

Hi sellers wewll once again im getting screwedthis guy bought an item from me and was bad news from the start first he threatened negative if i did not reduce the shipping rate now this... look at the e-mail i just recieved.... THIS UNIT IS NOT NEW A...

Double value final fee discounts

OK, does anyone else understand the following to be correct: If I list 24 units of a fixed price (BIN) item for $25 and 10 of them sell before the 30 days are up, eBay will credit me an additional $3 for each item that sells? I can also have a subtit...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tax collector to get records from eBay

The Federal Court of Appeal has given the taxman approval to collect the names and sales figures for eBay’s top national sellers. Eager Canadians spend roughly $5 billion online a year and eBay gobbles up a quarter of that, making it the largest elec...

Glitch or new policy?

It seems that it doesn't matter what length of time you specify for combined shipping. If the person does not pay until they are finished shopping eBay combines them automatically even if it is outside the specified time. I could find no way to uncom...

have a "feeling" about a customer

I have a potential customer who has sent me a few messages wanting a deal on one or more of my journals, and a deal on shipping. I explained that I don't reduce shipping, and that it appears higher as it costs more for us to ship in Canada, and I alr...

My Final Value Fees are Calculated Wrong, Are Yours?

I posted some Fixed Price items on ebay during the 5 cent promotion day. for a 999.99 item, FVF is $63.00 --> should be 36.31 for a 69.99 item, FVF is $7.20 --> should be 3.91 Some example: ******* Final price: US $19.99 (Fixed Price) Final value fee...

Question for Turbo Lister Users

Hello People, Doing some listings, have uploaded the latest updates, but have been unable to locate on the TL work page where I can state my handling time as per Ebay's new rules. There's a spot in Domestic Shipping options, but once you are in there...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problem shipping to Italy

Hi all, Anyone have problem shipping item to Italy? I used to have no problem at all, but currently having 2 buyers from Italy having problem and complains. 1, Buyer received item but Italy post office ask him to paid the shipping cost, they lie to m...

ON THE PHONE WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT: SEARCH STILL NOT WORKING

Here's the original announcement: ***Original: Title and Description Search Issues*** October 14, 2008 | 02:33PM PST/PT Title and Description Search is not displaying all items correctly. Please be assured that we are working aggressively to resolve ...

Robocop

"Poof" she went.... Guess there are some things which cannot be discussed on these boards LOL! Xena

SURPRISE - another change if you use featured plus on .com

Since yesterday I noticed that featured plus items (.com) were not showing up at the start like they used to. I figured it was a problem that would get fixed up. It wasn't today so I advised the (.com)live help person that I thought there was a probl...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

"you’ll need to specify your handling time and return policy"

Is this news to anyone else??? As per the latest eBay Announcement today: "Also by late October, you’ll need to specify your handling time and return policy in your listings." Did I miss something? They have included a link advising that these change...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sales statistics

Can someone post a link to a website where one can look up the sales stats of individual eBay ID's? Thanks Xena

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

First Time in Over Five Years

eBay shares are trading BELOW $20 We all know the economy is weak and retail sales (that would include eBay) are anemic. The question is: what will the management do to turn things around? To bring more buyers to the site? Or will they simply wait fo...

propay for Canada nope!

Anyone hear that propay will be allowed on ebay.com but is not available for ebay.ca, i checked it out today, is there any other alternatives for accepting credit cards for ebay.ca, without the credit card holder having to have a paypal account?

Canada Post Unbelievable!!!

I mailed 3 parcels September 22/08. I mailed 1 Light Packet to the UK which arrived there September 26/08, 1 Light Packet to Poland which arrived September 30/08 and 1 to PEI Expedited Parcel guaranteed delivery September 29/08, which finally arrived...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.