extorted again HELP!!!

canadianclearances
Community Member
Hi sellers wewll once again im getting screwedthis guy bought an item from me and was bad news from the start first he threatened negative if i did not reduce the shipping rate now this... look at the e-mail i just recieved....
THIS UNIT IS NOT NEW AND COMPLETE. 4 ITEMS ARE MISSING. YOU MUST REFUND THE FULL AMOUNT OR YOU WILL GET THE WORST FEEDBACK YOU EVER RECIEVED. WE WILL FORGIVE AND FORGET. ONLY IF REFUND IS QUICKLY RECIEVED. ASAP. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO MAKE IT RIGHT.

Help what do i do?????
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

extorted again HELP!!!

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Personally, I would send the entire e-mail, including headers and everything else deemed pertinent to Trust and Safety for their review.

I'm not sure what listing you are having trouble with, but be sure to read it and make sure that your write-up was not misleading in any way.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

extorted again HELP!!!

Item # please?

Xena
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

extorted again HELP!!!

johnk_2000
Community Member
They need to state that they will NOT return your product and they still want a refund or it is not extortion and T&S will not do anything about it.

Get them to say that is a eBay message and send the full header into T&S and they will deal with it then.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

extorted again HELP!!!

lina-mallows
Community Member
If I read the e-mail correctly, the demand is for 24 action on your, the seller's part.
Maybe asking how the BUYER will be returning the product within that SAME 24 hours will bring about a further response.

Let's see at that point if they then say they will not be returning the item.

HOWEVER- I still stand by our policy.
"Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
PLEASE feel free to avail yourself of the protection mechanisms that both eBay, and PayPal make available."
IN OTHER WORDS- COMPLAIN TO THEM- NOT ME!

This way everything is in writing. They will have to return- and PROVE they have returned the item before a refund will be issued (most of the time anyway- as that's supposed to be how it works.) As for feedback- if it can be removed for 'feedback extortion' great- if not, move on.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

extorted again HELP!!!

The Buyer always has the upper hand with eBay.

They do not protect or respect the seller and the seller cannot offset a negative or nuetral feedback.

Complain STRONGLY TO EBAY WE MUST GET THE MESSAGE OUT THAT WE SELLERS ARE BEING TREATED IN AN UFAIR WAY.

I had a problem with a negative being left for me because Canada Post took 15 business days to ship to MS, USA. Eventhough we state it may take a package 7 to 20 business days in transit to reach that location. This is the recommended delivery time from Canada Post.

We sellers are being treated wrong and the system is now one sided
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

extorted again HELP!!!

The Buyer always has the upper hand with eBay.

They do not protect or respect the seller and the seller cannot offset a negative or nuetral feedback.

Complain STRONGLY TO EBAY WE MUST GET THE MESSAGE OUT THAT WE SELLERS ARE BEING TREATED IN AN UNFAIR WAY.

I had a problem with a negative being left for me because Canada Post took 15 business days to ship to MS, USA. Eventhough we state it may take a package 7 to 20 business days in transit to reach that location. This is the recommended delivery time from Canada Post.

We sellers are being treated wrong and the system is now one sided
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

extorted again HELP!!!

massapparel
Community Member
My advice -> don't play ball and eat the negative feedback. Put the buyer on 'BLOCK BUYER LIST' to make sure he doesn't screw you again.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply