Problem shipping to Italy

handmadefun
Community Member
Hi all,

Anyone have problem shipping item to Italy?

I used to have no problem at all, but currently having 2 buyers from Italy having problem and complains.

1, Buyer received item but Italy post office ask him to paid the shipping cost, they lie to my buyer that I didn't paid the shipping cost of the item. I'll have to scan the copy of shipping receipt for him to prove that I've paid for it. I'm communicating with buyer and don't know what can I help besides provide my receipt.

2, Took ridiculously long time to ship, buyer haven't received item that shipped 1 month ago. I'm contacting the post office to track the parcel now.

Both problems are out of my reach, but you know... buyers will complaint seller. Hopefully it will not end up with negative feedbacks.

Did anyone experienced similar problem?
Thanks for reading my post.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Lot of parcels go missing to Italy. Also takes long to clear customs.

Lately I had problems with France too.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

1 - what was the value of the shipment, it's probably that your buyer is not communicating well, I'm sure the money the "post office" wants is VAT not postage.

2 - Delivery to Italy is notoriously slow, It's always been bad but it became REALLY bad in 2006/07. There was a great deal of negative publicity in Italy on this issue last Fall and in recent months there does seem to be a fairly substantial improvement. Although I still warn my Italian buyers to expect up to 60 days for delivery most of my recent shipments have been delivered in less than 3 weeks with a couple arriving in about 10 days.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

sometimes it depends where in Italy the parcel is going.

I had some items I sent take over 8 weeks to get to them, but all received their items eventually

Communication is the most important thing
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I too have recently had an item take 10 weeks to arrive. Actually it arrived at their customs in about a week and it took the customs folks over 7 more to advise the buyer. Fortunately he was a patient buyer!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

handmadefun
Community Member
Follow up:

Both items arrived. The parcel to Italy took almost 7 weeks!

Thank you for answering my question 🙂
Message 6 of 6
latest reply