An item I wanted to purchase was under $12.00s Canadian but yet there was an import fee of $4.00s, not showing until checkout. Why ????

611623_2008
Community Member

Item I wished to purchase was priced under $12.00s canadan, yet at checkout theres a $4.00 border fee. Items under $20.00s are not subject to tax through Canada  customs. Any more of this and I will cancel my account.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

An item I wanted to purchase was under $12.00s Canadian but yet there was an import fee of $4.00s, not showing until checkout. Why ????

"Any more of this and I will cancel my account."

Feel free to close you account. No one will stop you.

A border fee has nothing to do with the seller.

Are you referring to the 3 items you bought from the same seller? The 3 total over $20.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi .. That can only occur when a US seller is using ebay's new Global Shipping Program with central depot transshipping by Pitney Bowes. Customs charges paid on checkout rather than on delivery.

http://pages.ebay.ca/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

How to know.. when viewing a listing in top section under shipping will see..import charges.. to be provided at checkout. (can be avoided)

IMO , Pitney Bowes should not be charging handling fees for transshipping on any item less than $20. but this is a new program and i'm sure there will be issues.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply